Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 impala ls w/ series 2 3800. I got my hands on all the hardware I need to make the upgrade. So I can bolt on a supercharger, but someone told me I need to have my ecm reprogramed for it to be right. Wont halfay do anything to my car so I need some info on what all I might need to have done before I bolt it all up?

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
I went ahead and moved this to the 7th gen engine section.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Overkill motorsports. Order a tuned pcm for 3800 series 2 and list the L67 top swap in your mod list, along with any other go fast goodies.

Do not order it for the 3800sc as it would have a different compression ratio among other things. Just order the 3800 series 2 and list your mods

Reactions: jps01impalaLS

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
The supercharger your going to be running off of a stock 3800 supercharger engine? The L67 is the supercharged engine. The L67 top swap is swapping the supercharger components onto your N/A engine.

Reactions: Burt

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Yup the l36 (no S/C) and l67 have different compression ratio's therefor, you will need to order an l36 and list the mods you have. Or have your current pcm tuned by zzp or someone with an HP tuner.

I am surprised that you managed to get the "hardware" together but, have no idea about the pcm that controls and relays all the information.

What hardware do you all have?

FYI: It's not as simple as pulling out the old and putting in the new.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts