Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has experience with changing supercharger oil and what they recommend for mileage intervals? I'm told only GM supercharger oil can be used, which is $12-$15 dollars for a 4 oz bottle? Also, Im told the fluid must be sucked out of the supercharger...any ideas on how this is done?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
syringe + airline hose, or simply undo the hex nut and turn upside down (if blower is off)

takes ~ 1 1/2 bottles

also GM doesnt "recognize" servicing the blower- so its up to you on how often to change...
I'd say 30k or so (nice round # lol)

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Any way to check the condition of the oil? Such as color? If engine has been overheated I would be concerned about the oil in the SC.

·
Registered
358 Posts
wow 12-15 bucks is a little expensive, i got mine for $8 from zzp!!! i got 3 bottles for 2 changes!!
i just used a spray bottle 2 extract the old oil. i just took the srayer out of the bottle & stuck the tube in the snout, just sprayed the old oil into the bottle ;)!!!!!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Haven't you guys learned by now the many uses of a brake bleeding machine? hook it up to air and it will vacuum brake/engine/trans/power steering/coolant and anything else fluid.....plus you can use whatever size line you want to get into the hard to reach areas. damn wrong wheel drive kids don't learn a damn thing these days

·
Registered
358 Posts
the spray bottle cost me $1 so for those of us that dont own a bleeding machine its much cheaper ;)!!

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Like I said, people never learn to spend 20 to get a machine that has MANY uses, thats why they buy wrong wheel drive cars as they do not know any better

·
Registered
358 Posts
you are so right im getting rid of my fwd & getting a b-body, also ill pick up a bleeding machine!! thank you so much for making me learn ;)!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Supercharger oil change

The spray bottle method worked great...it got almost every drop!

Thanks for the advice.

·
Vader
353 Posts
Doing mine next weekend! I love this forum! :eek:k3:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts