Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I'd like to start off by saying I know NOTHING about cars... my brother is a mechanic, and any info you guys give me I'll give to him so he can do this for me.

I want to get a supercharger for my 2005 Impala. It's got the 3.6L V6 engine.

Basically I want to know who makes superchargers for the Year/Model Impala I have, and how much will it cost me?

I'll appreciate any info you guys can give me.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
05s cam w/ the 3.8 0r the 3.4
06s came w/ the 3.5 or 3.9

if you have the 3.8 theres a few options, ZZP SS Supercharger kit, top swap or a CSC kit. you may beable to mod a CSC kit for the 3.4, but you would be better off swapping for a L67 s/c 3.8 or just turbo-ing the 3.4

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How do I figure out which one I have?

My registration says it's 3.6L but from what you say there's only the 3.4 and 3.8.

How do I find out?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
eiter pop the engine or check the vin
http://www.decodethis.com/Models/Chevrolet/tabid/57/Default.aspx is one place to decod the vin
or the 8th digit...
1 = 3.8
k = 3.8 s/c
e = 3.4l

if its none of those, chances are you have an 06, but thats the NEW style Wbody impala which came w/ either
5.3L (VIN C)
3.9L (VIN 1)
3.5L (VIN K),

2000-05 impala
(like the one in my sig)

2006+ impala

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
yes it will fit, the engine will blot to the car (might need new motor mounts) but will take a considerable amount of knowledge/labor to do so.
www.milzymotorsports &
www.tripleedgeperformance.com
both do them IIRC. for about the price of that engine alone.
there are turbo kits for the 3.4 (check www.grandamgt.com ) and performance parts avail for the 3.4, but you're better off keeping it stock IMO

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
has anybody done the milzy motorsports l67 Code: L67S0005MCLS swap in a 3400? it ses it has everything needed for the swap but I would like to be 100% sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts