Impala Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know 480+ is possible on a stock shortblock, I was just saying it takes a LOT more than just a blower.

The original poster gave us little information but based on what I read I am ASSuming the car is rather stock. Lots of newbs think a blower on a stock car is the answer to power, that is what I am assuming the OP was thinking. Like I said though assumption, he gave us little info to work with.

Signatures REALLY help folks answer questions better.

I have been modding these cars long enough to have bought parts from Sam BEFORE Combination Motorsports opened, had the sedan just over 9 years now.
Nice to here from you Dwayne! Sounds like were on the same page :wink:

As far as Sam goes, he's burned enough bridges to land himself back in the "parts dept." at the local Chevy dealership... :frown:
Combination Motorsports has been gone for quite some time now!

·
Super Moderator
3,915 Posts
Yeah I know, that was my point, been at this long enough to see companies come and go.

You know if you would figure out what the single springs that fit the stock iron heads that CM sold were, there is still a market. Lot of guys don't want to pay for beehives.
I have graduated a bit beyond that point, but I know 6 years ago I would not have liked buying beehives for my first mild cam only setup(ZZ4 cam with the CM 614 springs and ProForm 1.5 rockers).
Product like that gets your foot in the door with customers and WHEN they have a need for more speed they will come back.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah I know, that was my point, been at this long enough to see companies come and go.

You know if you would figure out what the single springs that fit the stock iron heads that CM sold were, there is still a market. Lot of guys don't want to pay for beehives.
I have graduated a bit beyond that point, but I know 6 years ago I would not have liked buying beehives for my first mild cam only setup(ZZ4 cam with the CM 614 springs and ProForm 1.5 rockers).
Product like that gets your foot in the door with customers and WHEN they have a need for more speed they will come back.
That would be a specialty item and we do have them... valve spring & retainers with your choice of .500, .550, .600 lift.

Remember we are the Impala SS experts! :cool:

Karl
NRP

21 - 23 of 23 Posts