Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i just went to a performance shop to get a supercharger for my 96 ss the guy told me that he would get a paxton or vortec supercharger depending ON which one i wanted an beside tuning the engine an exhaust work that i didnt need to get any engine modicfaction an he would set the PSi at 9 an he would charge me $6500 for the total job. DOES THAT SHOULD WRIGHT???

·
Registered
416 Posts
I would go check out another shop and get a second estimate and compare the two if you are gonna have someone put it on for you.

·
Registered
27 Posts
whats up guys i just went to a performance shop to get a supercharger for my 96 ss the guy told me that he would get a paxton or vortec supercharger depending ON which one i wanted an beside tuning the engine an exhaust work that i didnt need to get any engine modicfaction an he would set the PSi at 9 an he would charge me $6500 for the total job. DOES THAT SHOULD WRIGHT???
depends, that sounds about right however you can do it ur self and buy the kit for 2500-3500.....but if you run into anything that needs to be fabb'ed its gonna get tricky.

good luck :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well first of all I wouldn't recommend any boost over 6 lbs on stock internals.
I would definitely ask what you're getting in the kit for that price! (it better be everything). We have a intercooled Procharger kit for $4995 (5-6lbs) and for the month of March we are including a fuel pump and injectors at no additional cost.
If we install and tune it here locally in Las Vegas we charge $900...

Food for thought,

Karl
NRP

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well first of all I wouldn't recommend any boost over 6 lbs on stock internals.
I would definitely ask what you're getting in the kit for that price! (it better be everything). We have a intercooled Procharger kit for $4995 (5-6lbs) and for the month of March we are including a fuel pump and injectors at no additional cost.
If we install and tune it here locally in Las Vegas we charge $900...

Food for thought,

Karl
NRP
b or w bodys?

·
Super Moderator
3,933 Posts
Throw a blower at an otherwise stock car, as said 6psi is about the limit and that honestly wont make that much power. Start supporting it with headers, good exhaust, maybe heads and cam and the power numbers can reach the ones posted, 480rwhp. But that is going to cost you a LOT more than $6500.

Take a stock car and throw 6psi at it without any other mods and I would be surprized if you saw 350rwhp, would expect lower.

Maybe the LT1 advantage is it is in a decent chassis.
The w-body is a woman's car, my wife loves her's but she looks to my car for a speed fix.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Throw a blower at an otherwise stock car, as said 6psi is about the limit and that honestly wont make that much power. Start supporting it with headers, good exhaust, maybe heads and cam and the power numbers can reach the ones posted, 480rwhp. But that is going to cost you a LOT more than $6500.

Take a stock car and throw 6psi at it without any other mods and I would be surprized if you saw 350rwhp, would expect lower.

Maybe the LT1 advantage is it is in a decent chassis.
The w-body is a woman's car, my wife loves her's but she looks to my car for a speed fix.

"Take a stock car and throw 6psi at it without any other mods and I would be surprized if you saw 350rwhp, would expect lower."

As you may know Dwayne, a supercharger isn't a first Mod most people do on these blocks...
A bigger TB, Cold air induction, Headers, Gears, Cat-back or no cats for that matter is the norm for those of us looking for more HP followed by a low boost system (5-6lbs) has become very popular. We tune these Impala's and claim these numbers with these basic mods... And yes 480-525rwhp is achievable on a "stock block" as we have several customers with this low boost set up. For those who dive into better internals a D-1 (8-12lbs) boost system will net you 600+rwhp...

Karl
NRP

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
whats your take on the catless exhaust 2fast4u?????:confused:

·
Super Moderator
3,933 Posts
"Take a stock car and throw 6psi at it without any other mods and I would be surprized if you saw 350rwhp, would expect lower."

As you may know Dwayne, a supercharger isn't a first Mod most people do on these blocks...
A bigger TB, Cold air induction, Headers, Gears, Cat-back or no cats for that matter is the norm for those of us looking for more HP followed by a low boost system (5-6lbs) has become very popular. We tune these Impala's and claim these numbers with these basic mods... And yes 480-525rwhp is achievable on a "stock block" as we have several customers with this low boost set up. For those who dive into better internals a D-1 (8-12lbs) boost system will net you 600+rwhp...

Karl
NRP
I know 480+ is possible on a stock shortblock, I was just saying it takes a LOT more than just a blower.

The original poster gave us little information but based on what I read I am ASSuming the car is rather stock. Lots of newbs think a blower on a stock car is the answer to power, that is what I am assuming the OP was thinking. Like I said though assumption, he gave us little info to work with.

Signatures REALLY help folks answer questions better.

I have been modding these cars long enough to have bought parts from Sam BEFORE Combination Motorsports opened, had the sedan just over 9 years now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts