Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will i be able to supercharge my 2000 ls it has the 3.8L in it but is there different comprssion ratios between the base 3.8 and the 3.8 super charged?

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
yes and yes
8.4: and 9.5:1 IIRC, Top swap kits runs ~$800 + gaskets, fluids, & pcm tunes... plenty of ppl out there running 3.8 NA blocks w/ the topswap done. I;'d suggest getting a fresher motor though ;) you can pick up a L26 (05+ 3800NA) for under $600 if you know where to look

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
GenV Eaton M90 (04+ 3800 Grand prix)
chances are you'll never out flow it, and they're only about $400-700 (including LIM)
CSC kit will run about the same as a turbo kit, Lysholm style (twin screw) are badass, but $$$$

·
Registered
49 Posts
hey detroit can you give me some sights or insight onto were to get these items. ive seen them on zzp and was just curious. your bringing me over to the dark side and now im loking into supercharging my car lol. its a down the line project but i wanna do my reaserch first and make sure its all good and done right

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
theres a list somewhere in the the 7th gen section of everything you'll need,
for parts:
www.morardpartscompany.com sells complete kits around $7-800 IIRC,minus gaskets- theyre on ebay too

lkq SEEMS to have really good prices (brabbed my complete L26 w/4k on it for about 450 out the door

also check www.car-parts.com

·
Registered
49 Posts
how about dropping in a stock L67? would i have to change anything besides the engine like the trans? i was looking around on naioa and it was thrown out

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
custom pcm tune, you dont NEED a trans, you can do a HD upgrade and save some $, the smart way would be send it to Triple Edge Performance, have him build it for you $1400+HD u/g and you should be good into the mid 12s

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
m90 kit yes, topswap, prob about the same.... If you go that route though just grab a L32 out of a 04+, you'll need to use your pcm (custom tune) and a TB adapter + a TB, the new ones are drive by wire

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey 04Detroit what would need to be done to drop the pulley down to a 3.4 or 3.5 pulley. Im tryin to get an idea cause im already itchin to get the next mod on my car and cant decide what to do next. So far all i have done to the engine is a JMB FWI

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
It sucks b/c these cars all mod differently. You could drop to X pulley size on one car and have 0*KR, and another identical car would show 2*

go figure :p

the only thing you would NEED is a smaller belt and a tune ;) that being said, 3.5/3.4 range is about as far as you want to take a stock l67 (add.2 if its a N/A Topswap) but SCAN THE CAR watch for knock, you should be able to sneak a 3.4 in there (with just a tune) but a DP and PEMs or PLog will help to wake it up better. Also a 180* T-stat wont hurt. 1 range colder plugs may help as well, but in general a 3.4/3.5 SHOULD be safe on a stock engine.... Key word is SHOULD lol

Also if youre thinking about dropping pullies, save yourself a headache and buy a Mod.Pulley System (MPS), it'll save you the headaches of swapping pullies later on ;)

·
Registered
416 Posts
I will for sure get the MPS but i guess I will probably hold off a lil while longer and save up some extra cash to get some other mods to go along with it cause im not worried about install cause I have no problem gettin lift time at work

·
Registered
416 Posts
Where's a good place to pick one up? Maybe i will get the MPS and PLOG at the same time and knock it out on a saturday at work/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts