Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought a 2003 Impala a few weeks ago. I thought it'd be a good idea to join this forum to obtain more knowledge about my car.

Its a 3.4 LA1 V6 (180 HP) with 94K miles on it. Not an SS unfortunately. But in a couple of years it'll probably out perform one. :)

Such a brilliant car. Excellent power, excellent comfort, decent gas mileage and very nice looking. Chevy has made the most perfect car ever. 23mpg average with a bone stock 180hp car is undoubtedly pretty damn good.

I saw someone saying the 2000 and up Impalas are small. With all the respect, I beg to differ those huge things from the actual "small" cars, the 4 banger hatches and coupes. Yes they are not as big as the older ones, but the trunk is so big that you can literally use the car as a pickup truck.

I have a question too, about the color. It's not exactly white, its a little darker and its colorcoated. I was wondering if anyone knows what the official name of the color is.

By the way, I'm a member of a www.nfscars.net which I invite you guys to take a look at (just the real motorsport and the picture corner sections, the rest is about computers and gaming, and definitely stay away from F&B :p ). Interesting website, it's pretty fun.

Anyways, feel free to comment or to give any suggestions.

Cheers,

-GTR

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. :smile:

Welcome to the community! You should check out DetroitLS's Impala, i hear he rubs baby's blood on the engine to make it go so fast.
OSHI~ lol :biggrin:

04DetroitLS, nice ride dude, that's some serious badass machinery. I can't wait to demoralize my nice little family car like that haha

oh btw, does anyone know the name of my car's color? I've gotten asked a few times, because it's not white, and its not gray or silver either. It's some weird colorcoated paint...I mean I like it but it's not the kinda thing that you'd see that often.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
I'm willing to bet it's Cappuccino Frost Metallic Clearcoat (97/WA822K ) Driver's side door theres a tag w/ a bunch of 3digit codes (RPO codes) it should be listed in there.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome. Whatever the color is called, it is pretty and different. Anybody can have plain white.

So, what plans do you have for her first?

Gail
NJImpalaGirl

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, short name. Cappuccino Frost Metallic? Sounds yummy haha

Thank you NJImpalaGirl. My plans depend highly on what you guys suggest. But I am planning on getting some SS rims for it from ebay (about $400), do some engine modifications and get some flowmaster 40s. If I keep it long enough, I might as well swap its engine with a V8.

But unfortunately, I'm not in my best financial situation right now (in other words, I'm broke) but once I save up (from working often 12 hours a day) I'll get her something nice. :smile:

At NFScars.net everyone's got a name for their cars, often female names and sometimes they're just made up on the spot. I could only come up with "Celestial Machine" for mine. My vocabulary isn't good enough to tell if it completely makes sense or not. I dunno, does it?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the Impala and B-body community. Becareful about the mods you do, you might just go overboard and enjoy them.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts