Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Funny you should post that, I just went to open mine today and the shade doesn't go back but the sunroof opens. I haven't opened it in about 6 months so not sure what happened. Anyone know where the fuse is for it?

John

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I only see mention in the owners manual of 1 fuse under the hood for the sunroof

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
I am taking my car to the dealer tomorrow to fix the sun shade, I will post a update once it is fixed.

I own a 2014 Impala 2LTZ with the power sunshade / sunroof.

GM has issued a bulletin for the 2014 - 2017 Impala (new model) regarding sunshade wear caused by interference and rubbing: https://gm.oemdtc.com/8743/16-na-179-wear-condition-or-fraying-of-headliner-at-sunroof-module-rear-opening-2014-2017-chevrolet-impala

It is possible that the sunshade is “stuck” or rubbing, causing it not to retract.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had an issue with my 2015 Impala LTZ inside sunroof cover. When I went to open it, the mechanism goes back but the inside cloth cover does not. It just bunches up. When I stopped it and made it go back forward, it no longer pulls the cloth cover tight. It loosely hangs down and looks like sh_t. I took it into the chevy dealer and they must take the entire "inside" roof down to get to it and then repair. It will run me about $850 of which $275 is the replacement inside cloth cover and roll up apparatus and the remaining is labor. I had Mastertech extended warranty and it does NOT cover sunroof track and mechanisms. Has anybody else had this issue?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Yep I just had the same issue in August when we drove to Florida for vacation.
We were on the highway and wanted to enjoy the sun so I went to open the sunroof and the shade bunched all up and I had it go forward again but is now loose. Haven't had the nerve to go see how much it would be to fix. $850 sucks but I guess it is cheaper than I imagined it would be.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
We have just ignored ours and kept it closed. Haven't had anyone look at it yet. Out of warranty and scared to see the price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have just ignored ours and kept it closed. Haven't had anyone look at it yet. Out of warranty and scared to see the price.
2015 Impala: I'm having the same issue. For now I removed the shade and keep the mechanism retracted. I don't want to shell out 850+, so I'm going to see if I can fix it or at least identify the issue when I get some free time.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had same issue in a 2015 10 gen .the shade panel would not close all the way. turned out it needed to be reprogrammed. took 5 minutes to fix. Everything in the car is subject to program issues.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I wish mine was that simple. My shade is ripped and bunched up

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Then you must not have a newer style Impala or it's not the stock sunshade.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Impala has the same issue I was driving down the Highway then I decided to open it and it just bunched up instead of retracting so I closed it and as it was closing I heard a crack like if a plastic broke and now it just hangs and doesnt retract could it be a simple fix or a more complicated fix?

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Not sure dopehomie, I'm too scared to see the cost of repair so we just left it. Luckily ours isn't hanging down but it made us stop using the sunroof which blows.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Moon roofs are over rated. I had one on my 96 Park Ave Ultra. Worked flawlessly until a drunk driver totalled it Dec 2007. I only opened it less than 10 times in the 5 yrs I owned it. It's a novelty item, not worth the $$.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts