Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Funny you should post that, I just went to open mine today and the shade doesn't go back but the sunroof opens. I haven't opened it in about 6 months so not sure what happened. Anyone know where the fuse is for it?

John

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I only see mention in the owners manual of 1 fuse under the hood for the sunroof

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I am taking my car to the dealer tomorrow to fix the sun shade, I will post a update once it is fixed.

I own a 2014 Impala 2LTZ with the power sunshade / sunroof.

GM has issued a bulletin for the 2014 - 2017 Impala (new model) regarding sunshade wear caused by interference and rubbing: https://gm.oemdtc.com/8743/16-na-179-wear-condition-or-fraying-of-headliner-at-sunroof-module-rear-opening-2014-2017-chevrolet-impala

It is possible that the sunshade is “stuck” or rubbing, causing it not to retract.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had an issue with my 2015 Impala LTZ inside sunroof cover. When I went to open it, the mechanism goes back but the inside cloth cover does not. It just bunches up. When I stopped it and made it go back forward, it no longer pulls the cloth cover tight. It loosely hangs down and looks like sh_t. I took it into the chevy dealer and they must take the entire "inside" roof down to get to it and then repair. It will run me about $850 of which $275 is the replacement inside cloth cover and roll up apparatus and the remaining is labor. I had Mastertech extended warranty and it does NOT cover sunroof track and mechanisms. Has anybody else had this issue?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yep I just had the same issue in August when we drove to Florida for vacation.
We were on the highway and wanted to enjoy the sun so I went to open the sunroof and the shade bunched all up and I had it go forward again but is now loose. Haven't had the nerve to go see how much it would be to fix. $850 sucks but I guess it is cheaper than I imagined it would be.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
We have just ignored ours and kept it closed. Haven't had anyone look at it yet. Out of warranty and scared to see the price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts