Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im the original owner of a 2000 Base/LS(all LS options except the engine is a 3.4L) I had to custom order the car in 1999 and thats why the trim line is like that. Anyways. From the factory I got a sunroof. However, my sunroof slides thru the roof line. All other impalas I've seen have it where it goes on an angle and slides above the roof. My Monte Carlo of the same year does that. I don't know if anyone else has a roof like mine. I've never seen any other Impala sunroof slide thru the roof line like mine. What does everyone else have.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
What does your build sheet say? Maybe you ordered it with a roof, did not come that way, and dealer put one in and "forgot" to tell you. Either way, I like slide in the roof better anyway and if it has given you no troubles, I think you are better off than with factory !

I know all 06+ slide up and over the roof, dont know about 2000........

Post a pic of the sunroof control buttons.....

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
yeah it could very well be a good, dealer installed, aftermarket sunroof... but who knows... that would be a lot more difficult to install I would think

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
yeah it could very well be a good, dealer installed, aftermarket sunroof... but who knows... that would be a lot more difficult to install I would think
You would think. I have seen many in the roof slide sunroofs added by our local Caddy dealer. They look good, but the buttons are a tell tale sign. Not OEM controls.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
interesting. all the 7th gens ive seen have the glass outside the roof, so i would imagine thats how stock is so yours would be aftermarket? i agree with TSS tho, i wanna see the buttons

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Im the original owner of a 2000 Base/LS(all LS options except the engine is a 3.4L) I had to custom order the car in 1999 and thats why the trim line is like that. Anyways. From the factory I got a sunroof. However, my sunroof slides thru the roof line. All other impalas I've seen have it where it goes on an angle and slides above the roof. My Monte Carlo of the same year does that. I don't know if anyone else has a roof like mine. I've never seen any other Impala sunroof slide thru the roof line like mine. What does everyone else have.
Am i just naive or did they come standard with the 3.8L? Just curious..

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^He said a BASE with all LS options, so 3.4 was standard for the base.

As for the sunroof, if I'm not mistaken, all sunroofs were over the top. I'm not sure I've ever seen one on a base either, so maybe it was done custom. Definitely want pics of the buttons, roof closed and roof open.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They dont appear to be OEM controls. My Monte Carlo has a window style switch, my Impala has 4 buttons and lights up red and green. The sunroof is listed on my window sticker as being part of options. Im leaning towards the dealership placed the order and something went wrong so they added one for me and just never mentioned what they did. I have never cared to ask. I like it going thru the roof better, less likely for damage on the highways. Plus one of the options on the controls allows me to keep the window open when the car is shut down.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ Yeah that option and the lights are definitely not OEM. I agree, you have better than OEM!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^X2 and I still wanna see pics. A lot of people are looking to add these, this style may be something to consider

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I've always wanted one, I don't want to have to do the work though!

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Dad's '04 has one & he enjoys it a lot. First car he had with a sunroof but I don't think it will be his last. He would rather drive around with the sunroof & windows open than use the a/c. Can't say I blame him... A lot of air flow through it lol.

·
Registered
75 Posts
you should share the pictures of that sunroof we all are very curious

1 - 13 of 13 Posts