Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody I have a 2014 chevy impala ltz 2ltz(new body style) with the panoramic sunroof. Yesterday i noticed water leaking onto my floor on the driver side by the hood latch release handle. So i called some chevy mechanics and they recommended i check the sunroof drains. Well i opened the sunroof and what do you know the driver side channel is backed up with water. So i tried finding the drain hole to clear it out and i couldnt find it. Has anyone had this issue and maybe could give me some pointers on where the drain tube is located and what the best way to clear it out is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE: For the front drains, the exit pipe is in the front fenderwells behind the quarter panel. If you unbolt the 3 bolts holding the mud flap on and remove the 1 pop pin and bend the felt liner out then youll have access to the drain to blow it out with air. I used an air compressor with a nozzle set at 25psi.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
UPDATE: For the front drains, the exit pipe is in the front fenderwells behind the quarter panel. If you unbolt the 3 bolts holding the mud flap on and remove the 1 pop pin and bend the felt liner out then youll have access to the drain to blow it out with air. I used an air compressor with a nozzle set at 25psi.
I have also seen people use a heavy nylon fishing line to push through the sunroof drain lines (don’t use a metal wire, as the end could snag the rubber line).

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ with the power sunroof & shade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes thats a good point about using wire. I actually tried heavy weedwacker string first and it wasnt able to push through the clog. So then i blew air through from the exit port and then dumped water down from the tray and kept repeating that until the drain became unclogged. But the nylon fishing line would probably work if your clog isnt very big or hard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts