Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm adding a rear view camera. Want to hard wire rather than run supplied appliance to a cigar lighter. The sun roof and garage door opener bezel can drop down for access to a hot wire. Garage Door opener has a wire that is always hot. Good, but would run battery down. The roof switch has three terminals(c green,d Brown,e red). With a grounded test light the roof will open and close. I think this means power comes from ground. Haven't found a wire that's hot only with key on in this upper bezel area. Any thoughts? Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Knowing what year car might be helpful. Looking over my 3 year of Impala's don't have them colors for Roof Switch so I am not sure what year car yours is....

Also if using a Test light moves your motor, That is because your introducing a ground and sounds like the motor is set up as a Reverse Polarity setup.

At the start of the Sun Mod there should be a Wire (Yellow in color for my 03, 06) from Fuse/Breaker. RAP Controlled... So isn't hot all the time....

If your looking for something that you can Record while your out of your car without turning off at any time. i would wire it to the battery direct...

James

1 - 2 of 2 Posts