Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

My little "how to" video on solving the majority of rear end rattle from a subwoofer. I originally had plans just to get some dynamat, but it sounded like there was just to much noise. Not just things vibrating. I took the panel off and saw metal on metal contact and found a way to solve it. I made the video to show what i found and the solution i used to get rid of the rattle. I also show a solution for the bumper rattle.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will also put some peal and seal on the inside trunk to help reflect the bass back into the car better. I will also be fixing the rattle at the bottom of the bumper. I will get a video of the before and after peal and seal.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Yes most of the trunk rattle actually comes from the "center" tail light section. I noticed this when I removed mine to tint it. I used rubber grommets from computer fans.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes most of the trunk rattle actually comes from the "center" tail light section. I noticed this when I removed mine to tint it. I used rubber grommets from computer fans.
That works too, phelt was the only thing i had laying around that was handy. I never made another video after peal and seal because ther was barely any difference or none at all reduce in what rattle was left. What is left is below the impala logo on the right side of the car in the rear. Ive takein the rear deck out and all to try to get to it but no luck.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Great how to vid! I turned on some music and went around and pressed in on my center section, and the rattle went away. I will be doing this on the next warm day. But, that is a 7th gen 2000-2005 Impala, not a 07 but oh well mistakes happen. :eek:k3: :beer:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great how to vid! I turned on some music and went around and pressed in on my center section, and the rattle went away. I will be doing this on the next warm day. But, that is a 7th gen 2000-2005 Impala, not a 07 but oh well mistakes happen. :eek:k3: :beer:
yea, i dont know what the hell i was thinking lol. i tried to add annotations, i guess i didnt save them, they stated it was a 2005 not 2007... It was my first how to vid. thought i would make it so i could share on here and help out with it.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Is a really good idea, I never would have thought of it :eek:k3: and hey it happens lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts