Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Kinda makes me want to remove my pinstriping and that "door protector" trim on the doors! For some reason though, I thought they were held on with more than 3m adhesive though (like something actually fastened to the body)..... Just looks so clean without them. I think the body kit looks great too.

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,708 Posts
Nice TATS :eek:k3:

·
Go Get It
15,055 Posts
That's a clean looking ride!

Jim, they're held on only with 3m tape HOWEVER, there are a couple of "studs" on the back side that get placed in a few holes in the doors, so that they'll be perfectly aligned. Which means if you remove them, you'll have holes in your doors. Unfortunately, in order to get this clean look, your car had to be ordered without the door trim from the factory.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What do you guys think about the body kit? I'm actually considering the front bumper "kit". In my opinion, it actually looks better than the Monte Carlo front bumper and would be a little less expensive. Plus, since I don't have fog-lights (and don't plan on adding them), the body kit bumper is a better fit for me (they are just "air ducts" on the body kit bumper add-on).

This car actually has side skirts added as well, but I wouldn't add them, mainly because the newer 8th gens already have slightly-less-dramatic "side skirts" from the factory. The same company also makes a rear bumper piece, but I wouldn't add that either since I have a custom "valance" on mine.

I think the side skirts and rear bumper add-ons look a little too "tacked on" as well, but the front bumper part doesn't look too bad - at least not on the car in the picture....

Thoughts?

·
Go Get It
15,055 Posts
I think it looks good, however, I'm not sure it would look right without the rest of the kit.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, would be nice to find a picture with only the front piece installed....

Then again, the more that I think about it, I just don't see me spending $600+ just to alter the shape of the front bumper. The painting/installation cost just put it out of range for the amount of money I'm willing to spend on something like this. So I'll probably never actually do it anyway. :)

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
I thought this was a joke...didn't notice a car at first. Anyways, the front bumper is similar to a Monte Carlo bumper. A little fiberglass fab could match the one above.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The one in the original pic is just a part that you "add on" to the stock bumper (1 part of a larger complete "body kit"). The bumper part alone is about $300 shipped, I believe. Then, of course, you'd need to get it painted an installed. Really, I guess it's kind of expensive considering it's not a whole bumper cover. But I actually like it more than the Monte bumper cover. Was considering it, but just too much $$$ after you factor in painting and installation... They are sold on Ebay, by the way (they also have some pretty cool looking ones for the 7th gens!).

Search for "impala duraflex". Same people that make the cool hoods for the 8th gens. Just too damn much $$ for my blood though...

·
Super Moderator
18,473 Posts
Impala? :dunno: There's an Impala in that pic?? :dunno:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts