Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 impala lt with the 4 cylinder and recently been having issues when I get on the throttle. It’s perfectly fine until it hits about 4500 rpm then it just sticks there and won’t even shift. It will shift if I let off a bit and let the rpms drop a bit. It’s recently started happening and I don’t even have a clue why it would be. She is a highway destroyer so she has about 165,000 miles on her and nothing has ever been replaced. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
I have a 2014 impala lt with the 4 cylinder and recently been having issues when I get on the throttle. It’s perfectly fine until it hits about 4500 rpm then it just sticks there and won’t even shift. It will shift if I let off a bit and let the rpms drop a bit. It’s recently started happening and I don’t even have a clue why it would be. She is a highway destroyer so she has about 165,000 miles on her and nothing has ever been replaced. Any ideas?
To be clear, as the motor revs up, the needle climbs to 4500 RPM and sticks there while the motor continues to turn faster, correct?

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be clear, as the motor revs up, the needle climbs to 4500 RPM and sticks there while the motor continues to turn faster, correct?

Doug

Yes and no, the needle climbs up to 4500 RPM and sticks there. The engine motor stays turning the same speed. It just stops right at 4500 RPM in all.

-Jason

1 - 3 of 3 Posts