Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Banned
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed strut tower braces on and an 8th gen SS? Ive heard that doing so works wonders for reducing body roll. Im looking for tips on how to go about getting this done. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
HAVE U DELT WITH THIS COMPANY???AND DO U RECOMEND THESE TO 8 GEN SUPER SPORTS???
I will be buying them in the next couple weeks. From what I have read from another site there's been no problem buying from him and they bolt right on. And yes they work on our cars. check it out http://www.naioa.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ben2007SS, did you ever buy the STBs? The one thing I don't like about my SS is the floatiness over bad roads. I am looking into the STBs and I am curious about the improvements felt.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Many people with Imps, MCSS, GXP's, have them and love them. I'll be getting some as soon as funds are available.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hear you about the funds!! I just had some 40 series flowmasters put on. Sounds much better but need to save up for STBs now.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Effect of strut tower braces

I am looking for anyone who can give a more concise description of how well the strut tower braces improve the handling/ride. I will install them if I know for sure they are worth getting.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I also got the STB's from DRcustomparts.com and they work great. Easy installation too. I have a feeling that the rear STB is essential, and that the front can be forgone, but I have not yet tried it without the front.

Definitly worth the coin though.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
STBs arent anything new on the scene, been in use for quite a while... Im sure if you do a google search youll get your scientific explanation. If you do, be a gent' and post it up for us all to read.

·
Registered
142 Posts
805 impala ss - what are you doing driving, my impala ss ?.. i going to check in the garage.. ASAP !! ok its still there ! mine is a 2008 impala ss v8 with all the options ! red jewel / chrome wheels ,etc. i have 30,000 miles on mine .. i have the beige/ neutral interior ,wood grain dash ,etc..what color interior do you have ? did you get all the options ? details ? rkvette

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
oh ok and its just supposed to stiffen the ride? it makes sense... its just strange that if it made such a difference then why wouldn't it be stock lol
To answer your first question, no I wouldnt say it stiffens the ride persay... more like it reduces the body roll youll feel when taking turns. The rear brace is more crucial then the front. I honestly am not going to try to B.S. you into thinking I know the physics of how it works, but "A strut bar is designed to reduce this strut tower flex by tying two parallel strut towers together. This transmits the load of each strut tower during cornering via tension and compression of the strut bar which shares the load between both towers and reduces chassis flex." (wikipedia)

To answer your second question, it wasnt stock because you bought a Chevy. Chevys BUILDS TO A PRICE... its one of the reasons why you spend $30K for a new Impala SS, and $42K for a Dodge Challenger. The same goes with the shitty transmission, interior materials, and lacking optional AWD platform.

·
Registered
234 Posts
To answer your first question, no I wouldnt say it stiffens the ride persay... more like it reduces the body roll youll feel when taking turns. The rear brace is more crucial then the front. I honestly am not going to try to B.S. you into thinking I know the physics of how it works, but "A strut bar is designed to reduce this strut tower flex by tying two parallel strut towers together. This transmits the load of each strut tower during cornering via tension and compression of the strut bar which shares the load between both towers and reduces chassis flex." (wikipedia)

To answer your second question, it wasnt stock because you bought a Chevy. Chevys BUILDS TO A PRICE... its one of the reasons why you spend $30K for a new Impala SS, and $42K for a Dodge Challenger. The same goes with the shitty transmission, interior materials, and lacking optional AWD platform.
haha ya alright true. Damn don't remind me, Chevy really needs to put out some sort of SS 4 door car soon I just don't see how there is no market for it...

1 - 20 of 131 Posts