Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some lowlife stole the antenna tip off of my '09 Impala. The tiny replacement tip costs over $ 20 from my Chevy dealer (wholesale price) and it is made in China! But what is worst, I noticed that the same SOB who stole my antenna tip also apparently broke off the metal contact tab on the antenna base. It looks like I will have to buy the base module for about $ 30 now and drop the headliner to replace it. What a PITA! What on earth are they stealing these things for? Just to annoy people?

Does anyone have an idea what that metal contact on the antenna base looks like?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone help me out here. The tip simply screws on , about one full turn. If you unscrew yours, there should be the bottom electrical contact visible inside the antenna base.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that people were so desperate as to steal an Impala antenna tip. What the hell could they be doing with it?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that people were so desperate as to steal an Impala antenna tip. What the hell could they be doing with it?
Grind them up and smoke them, nose pickers, :giggle: who knows hope they choke on it. :eek:k3: That is low.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
Dude, I see no ones willing to help you. I will take a look when I get a chance. But its cold as fuck right now, so that will be later. If I don't come back in a couple days please remind me.

Edit: Oh yeah, and that's really gay. Why would someone steal that shit? You have some passive aggressive enemies or what?

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, I see no ones willing to help you. I will take a look when I get a chance. But its cold as fuck right now, so that will be later. If I don't come back in a couple days please remind me.

Edit: Oh yeah, and that's really gay. Why would someone steal that shit? You have some passive aggressive enemies or what?
I think it must be a bunch of kids stealing these. I saw several other Impalas with the antenna tip missing. The tip unscrews from the base by turning it counterclockwise one turn. I would not be that upset over the tip, but destroying the antenna base on purpose, that really sucks. Now I learned that the base is about $ 90 from the dealer, not $ 30 as I originally thought.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Junk yard?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I think it must be a bunch of kids stealing these. I saw several other Impalas with the antenna tip missing. The tip unscrews from the base by turning it counterclockwise one turn. I would not be that upset over the tip, but destroying the antenna base on purpose, that really sucks. Now I learned that the base is about $ 90 from the dealer, not $ 30 as I originally thought.
I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to glue the antenna tip down, since it comes off so easily? Gorilla Glue to the rescue. :eek:k3:

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I was actually playing around with my car over the weekend. I tried to unscrew the tip, but it wouldn't come off. Felt like I was gonna break it. I wonder if it changed from 06 to 09

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Wally took it, thats why he wont post a pic

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle: :Jka: :Jka: wally

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
No worries, no body believes a Hillbilly

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was actually playing around with my car over the weekend. I tried to unscrew the tip, but it wouldn't come off. Felt like I was gonna break it. I wonder if it changed from 06 to 09
I had a '12 Impala LTZ rental car and tried to unscrew the tip but could not do it. Maybe they redesigned it to make it difficult to steal, or there is a trick in removing it? Anyway, I did not want to break it, so I gave up.

Thanks for trying to help me.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Junkyard and "permanent" thread locker or super glue. Good luck getting that off with your hands :eek:k3:

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
I had a '12 Impala LTZ rental car and tried to unscrew the tip but could not do it. Maybe they redesigned it to make it difficult to steal, or there is a trick in removing it? Anyway, I did not want to break it, so I gave up.

Thanks for trying to help me.
mine unscrews with no problems on my 2012 ltz, no tricks either

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
mine unscrews with no problems on my 2012 ltz, no tricks either
Can you unscrew yours and look inside the antenna base and take a picture? I am thinking that someone broke off the metal tab that is there on my car.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
I will try tomorrow if not raining

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Why has nobody made a "just the tip" joke yet?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts