Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 01 impala and the stock speakers sound really good, but i think i blew one out because now it sounds really bad, and i was just wondering what the stock speakers in the doors are, so i can buy ones just like them or a bit better

·
Registered
657 Posts
if im not mistaken, it could be 6.5" front and 6x9s in the back.
if nothing else, just take a flathead screwdriver and pry the speaker grille off the front door and measure the speaker. then u cant be wrong

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah the door speakers are 6 3/4" and 6x9's in the back, but i was wondering how good the speakers were, so i could buy ones the same or a bit better

·
Registered
657 Posts
oh ok, i guess i misunderstood your post....im not sure who it actually is that makes them. i changed mine out long ago with sony xplod and that was a waste of money. they suck. get some kicker or infinity or something that you know will be good. what i have learned is, if you can find it on the shelf at walmart, dont buy it. spend the extra money somewhere else and you will be pleased. check out crutchfield.com.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i been looking on crutchfield and u can put in the car u have and it'll say if it fits or not, but should i spend like $50 or $100 or more?

·
Registered
657 Posts
kind of not what you are looking for but check this out anyways
http://www.naioa.com/v2/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=11900

these look like they would be pretty good and they have good reviews.
Kicker 07DS600
Kicker KS6930

i would stay in that price range and stick with kicker, polk, infinity, jl audio, etc. i recommend AGAINST sony or pioneer.
you could always run components as well, which in theory would sound better than those replacement speakers, especially with a decent amp, but i honestly dont know anything about them because i have never installed them in one of my cars nor heard them used. it might just be my next upgrage though...

·
Registered
657 Posts
absolutely. just make sure you get the right OHM speakers. some of the 2000-2005 impalas came with 4 ohm speakers and some with 2 OHM. so i would double check what you have in the car before buying anything

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Many people upgrade speakers more than once, some sooner than others. With that said you can find very good deals at stereo shops, independent ones not chains/superstores. Most of them have a stock pile of good used brand name speakers removed from fully functional stereo systems due to upgrades. They keep these around because in tough times they provide a 100% profit margin plus can make money on top of that if you choose to have them installed also.

Check around and see what you can find:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts