Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yeah this is my first post, blah blah blah... i'm over on Cobaltss.net as EXsoccer as well so i'm not new to forums. tried searching but the drag section, and others, didn't turn anything up.

whats the average time for a stock 04-05 ss impala? and i mean stock to the tire(street tire same size as factory) and full weight?

while i'm waiting for the cobalt to be finished :yahoo: i'm using the impala as my bracket car. during an eliminations pass today i went [email protected] letting off at the 1000' and "agressively" easing in to the brakes. i mention that because my normal et/traps are about [email protected] but i went [email protected] that pass...on the brakes. so from my past racing adventures, i would say if i had stayed in it that would have been atleast a 15.3 pass if not a little faster. with these slower times 5mph will pick up a good amount of ET so 15.3 would have definitely been possible.

also what kind of 60' and 1/8 times are people pulling? i average a high 2.2X 60' and 10.0x 1/8 but that run mentioned about was a 2.23 60' and a 9.94 1/8.

just trying to see what others are doing. also i'm launching with the shifter in 3rd and not drive, traction control on, and 2k rpms off the brake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
no replys eh?? lol

well went back out for the second points race today. broke out in the second round. the car decided to pick up .2 from what it did in both time trials and the 1st round and went [email protected] i was slightly on the brakes again but i was still all the way in the gas. so i wasn't slowing down but i wasn't accelerating.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alright. cause one of the guys on the cobalt forums i'm on was trying to compare it to ~14.7 gtp times. and i know they're the same engine but i can't image an impala running next to one stock for stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts