Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2000 impala ls with 20's on it and the suspension is worn/week so from what i have read on here looks like i can put the police edition shocks and struts or 04 ss shocks and struts on. i want it stiffer cause the tires rub with heavy load and the roads are pretty bumpy here. i just want to make sure this is possible and which package would be stiffer, the ss or police. thanks

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
What size are the tires? Struts should help, but you may want to consider sway bar upgrades and a rear strut brace as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ya i know it will be stiffer thats the point, i dont want it stiff like the dumb ricers that drop the car and bounce like an old ford when they hit a speed bump haha, im sure it would be fine with stock suspesion but i want some thing with a lil better performance but dont want to spend a but load of money since its not a race car or any thing and id rather put the money into my truck and other things. the tires are 245-35-r20 if i member correctly

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The reason the ricers bounce like that is because they are retarded and cut the springs, stiff suspension shouldn't bounce, but it will knock your teeth out. That size of tire shouldn't be giving you any issues since its the same diameter as stock.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you are looking for more clearance for your tires, and a stiffer suspension, I would go with the 9C1 suspension. Mine sits about 1 1/2 inches higher than a stock Impala, which would give you the clearance. Plus, it rides stiff enough so it hugs the corners well, and doesn't make your teeth rattle over bumps. Keep in mind that this is a pricey option though.

·
Banned
574 Posts
Properly cut springs work just fine. Of course, improperly cut springs don't work well. Herb Adams, an award winning suspension engineer and racer, (he designed the Pontiac Trans Am WS6 high performance suspension package), advocates cutting springs and does so for his customers vehicles at his high performance suspension shop, Herb Adams VSE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts