Impala Forums banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Yeah that's very true ! I really don't want to start getting tickets again for stupid stuff. Thanks for the feedback though guys

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
What were the tickets for if you don't mind me asking? The cops around here love illegally tinted windows which means anything more then the top 4 inches on the front windows. I got pulled over 14 times last year for it and even have a prescription for it which makes me legal. I guess my car really sticks out compared to most of them around me. The last few months the cops have gotten off my d**k about everything and haven't been pulled over in a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
308 Posts
What were the tickets for if you don't mind me asking? The cops around here love illegally tinted windows which means anything more then the top 4 inches on the front windows. I got pulled over 14 times last year for it and even have a prescription for it which makes me legal. I guess my car really sticks out compared to most of them around me. The last few months the cops have gotten off my d**k about everything and haven't been pulled over in a while.

Don't you live in Michigan? I talked about it before about my tint issues. Bought mine in Ohio were its legal to have tinted front windows. Drove it's for 7-8 months in Michigan passed many local sheriffs. Pulled out of the Krogers by my work drove past a state cop (blue cop car) and he immediately did a u-turn and pulled me over.. So the tint was removed to wave the ticket. I might try to get a prescription because I want the tint back lol. Black car with 5% tint all around like it was before.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Tints, the wing blocks the rear view, the spider subwoofer thing is a distraction. Pretty much every excuse they can get. What's legal in your guys town. Here in ct if you pay a doctor enough he will write you a script for 5% or pretty much anything else you want. I have mirror tints I don't know what percent though.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
It's strange, here in PA where ANY tint is illegal, I've never been bothered - not even once. And I live pretty close to a state police barracks! Strange....

I also have super-dark tinted taillights too!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Nah, not my thing... Too old for that stuff! :) I do live in PA though, so wouldn't be that far... But I highly doubt I will be going.

·
Registered
308 Posts
The cops don't really care what you do as long as it isn't reckless. The police station isn't that far from me. Normally we don't see many state cops but last year people started street racing more so we started seeing them more often. State cops will pull you over for stupid crap like having a air freshener hanging from you rear view mirror. Claiming it's a distraction for other motorists.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Yeah, luck is also a big factor. Sometimes, if you catch the right cop at the wrong time and just happen to be near him on the road at that time, they may bother you for something petty... Luck has a lot to do with it..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I agree with that, though everything tends to fall off my mirror with the subs anyway ;) any fixes for that ? I don't even bother using it anymore it always vibrates down and points at the floor?? And jt how old are you??

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I'm only 43, but I'm falling apart quickly! :) I led a VERY "wild" life until I was 25'ish - and I mean VERY wild.... Paying for it now in spades though!

Seriously, I'm actually not that bad, but I'm definitely older than my age indicates. I've always had the worst health habits you could ever imagine - and the the extreme. Still do for that matter - smoke too much, eat nothing but deep fried foods, pizza and backon cheesburgers, etc..

I had my blood pressure taken this morning and it was 175/125 with a pulse of 123! The guy said I was ready to "stroke out" on him! <sigh>

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
what do you mean you're "too old" for GM nationals? It's a huge car show with lots and lots of CLASSIC Chevys. All you have to do is park your car with a few others like it and meet some of us in person :eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I really just have no interest in something like that.... Not a single, young man anymore. And certainly don't have a car that I'd consider worthy of a "car show" (in my opinion, it's meant more for classic cars). Just not my type of thing at this point in my life...

EDIT: Just realized that my response seemed kind of rude! The only thing that I would really enjoy about something like this is actually meeting some of the people from this forum. There are some really cool people on here and that part would be cool - but otherwise, just not really interested in taking my car to "car shows". Now if I had a true classic car that may be a different story! Someday, I'll get a nice classic car with a big rumbling V8 (I hope)!

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Yes I live in Michigan. I just went to my health doctor and asked for a prescription due to light sensitivity and she wrote me a script for full front window tint. Cops say technically with the script I can have full windshield tint too but I haven't done that yet. Didn't have to pay anything and the prescription doesn't expire either so I'm good. I got %14 percent all around with a %5 strip up front. About to tint the bottom 8 inches of the windshield too. I've been pulled over for bass one time here, 4 years ago. Got a warning but it is a misdemeanor. I see at least 4-6 cops daily in my commuting with 2-3 being state boys. Been pulled over once by city for the tint. All the rest were state boys.

I should note that before the script even with dark sunglasses I would get migraines from the sun when driving and I haven't had a single one since the tint was installed. Also grateful I've only had like 6-8 migraines/headaches in my life so far.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I will definitely have to check that out. I don't have any issues with the sun, just want legal tint lol. Thanks for the info.

And sorry for sorta derailing your thread Steve.. my bad dude

·
Registered
753 Posts
Those are really nice! I've been wanting a set of rims(22's too) forever but really just haven't wanted all the extra care that comes along with them lol.
I like my stockers because
1. Who cares if they're dirty
2. I don't have to look out for potholes that much lol.
I'm gonna get a set one day though once I get my transmission fixed, just wouldn't make sense to buy rims but needing my transmission rebuilt

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Ahhh alright that makes since, do the larger rims put strain on the transmission. These actually came on the car when I bought the car and they fill the wheel wells really nicely although if I remember correctly since it's been about 2 years since I've had them on they rub the smallest amount on the inside. Nothing you can really notice unless you cut them all the way to the left or right

61 - 80 of 85 Posts