Impala Forums banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Yeah, my headrest monitors just use RCAs for audio/video (you use wireless headphones for the audio unless you also have the video playing on the main headunit). It's a dual-zone receiver, so I can do one thing on the headunit and send other video to the headrest monitors. They are just 7" SoundStream monitors - were like $100 each I think. I just use a really small power inverted for the PS2 - don't know how many watts offhand. Believe it or not, my son rarely uses the headrest monitors or the PS2! Now that tablets are so "available", he can just use that just as easily, I guess. I thought it was a cool idea at the time, but they rarely get used....

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Damn, 100 dollars each aren't that bad! Who knows maybe you should have a date night in the back of your impala with the girl. Hook that power inverter of yours up to a popcorn maker haha :) does every impala have the front seats with the seat in the middle under the center console?

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
No - most Impalas have bucket seats with a console in the middle. The bench seat version was an option - and only up until a certain year (I think they stopped offering it in 2012 - the 8th gen Impalas are still being made - along with the newer style Impalas. The old style are now called "Impala Limited" and are sold strictly to fleets when new (rental, government, etc). But they still come onto the used market quickly.

Oh - what kind of bumper do you have - is that a Monte Carlo bumper with some additional groudn effects added? Very cool!

I have some pics of my headrest monitors in my Garage...

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'm not sure what speakers are in the back, they are definitely not stock. The guy who owned it before me had subs. So I'm assuming he's the one who replaced them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Jt I'll have to check them out when I get on a computer the app I'm using doesn't give me the option to find people's garages. Unless theres a trick to finding them on the autoguide app? The bumper I have is a stock impala bumper with the racer body kit ( the only body kit I've seen for the impala 8th gen actually) I just cut out the bars they had where the fog lights went in the body kit and bought some after market ones.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You should defiantly consider getting a 4 channel amp ! The sound diffrence is night and day. I would suggest if you do though to get your subwoofers first and install bass blockers into all four speakers

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Oh wow - I thought for sure it was a Monte bumper! Very cool...

Yeah, don't think you can see the Garage from the AutoGuide app. Have to use a browser (which is MUCH easier on a tablet/computer than a phone!).

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
Yep - direct bolt-on. Monte Carlos are basically just 2-door Impalas... From what I remember, it looks similar to how yours looks now. I think it's only 2006-2007 Monte Carlos though. The whole front end looks just like an 8th gen Impala.

·
Registered
80 Posts
It is dipped. Very under painted actually. I used about a gallon (20 spray cans) and it took about 5 hours and 2 -3 coats. I plan on doing the color changing dip at some point soon, I'm getting ready for a local car show. Your absoultly right about the blue it's got a nice blue paint job underneath but cops were hassling me left and right, so I decided dipping it was a good option. Haven't got pulled over since actually. I agree there probably was cheaper methods to getting the scoop but the hood I had on prior was very dented and starting to rust to the point I'd have to purchase a new one.
Cops were hassling you for the color of your car? I've never heard that one before...

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I think the theme definitely fit better with the blue paint, but it does look good, even it's its not quite my style. Really like the interior!

As for GM nationals in PA, yes I will be there. There are a few other members who are planning on coming too. There's a thread on here somewhere, I'll link it in a sec.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Loving the look man, I agree with the others on the body kit they just don't fit on these cars. I really liked the blue you had before hand too. What fogs are those? I've been looking into fog lights as well. Have you done the big three mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I actually don't know what kind of fog lights they are unfortunately :/ they were given to me from my brother he had them in his colbolt ss.

Ryd, I'd love to go ! From the looks of it not alot of newer impalas show up!

Thinking about going with some color shift paint what do you guys think of this color

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
If I remember correctly, someone else on the forum used a similar type of paint (actually, I think it was dip). I'm sure someone else will remember who it was - you may be able to get a preview of what it would look like that way (via the pictures they posted).

Anyone remember who else used it? I know 702*LTZ used a little for accents -but someone else did their whole car i think...

·
Registered
753 Posts
I like that color personally. My only problem is that it's pretty bright and attention grabbing, I wouldn't do it to mine unless I had another Daily driver though lol.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts