Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
It looked much better in blue in my opinion. I'm not sure how I feel about the hood. I kinda like it, don't think I'd buy one though just because of the price.
Nice Rockford Fosgate subs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you, I liked the blue too. I mean it is plasti dip I can always go back. That's what I like about dipping the car. Is anyone going to the gm event in PA??

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I definitely agree that the blue looked much better (I'm not a fan of flat black finishes at all). The paint just has such a nicer finish. Personally, I don't like the stickers or the spoiler either. Definitely going for a different look than I personally like! :) But that's the cool part about modding cars - you can "make it your own" and do whatever *you* want with it! :) It's obvious that you put a lot of time and money into it though!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Well Thank you for noticing, and for being cool about not liking the paint and stuff. I've noticed that in my town people either love it, or hate it. Do you have a build page at all I could check out? I'm always looking for new ideas.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Also sorry I didn't see you asked about the seats. They are redone. I wish they were seat covers though! I put two burn holes in them ( not all the way through) and would love to have them fixed.

·
Registered
308 Posts
No subs yet, I would like to get two Rockford Fosgate 12' P3's... I may go a cheaper route and get two 12' MDX Terminators, they are like $150 with the box. Idk I have a nice stereo

Pioneer AVH-4700BS, just need some subs. I have other things I want to do first though.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Well Thank you for noticing, and for being cool about not liking the paint and stuff. I've noticed that in my town people either love it, or hate it. Do you have a build page at all I could check out? I'm always looking for new ideas.
I guess this would be my "build" page...

http://www.impalaforums.com/showthread.php?t=572514

Haven't updated it in a long time. From what you've done to your Impala, I highly doubt you will get any cool ideas from mine though!! You've done a lot of cool stuff! About the "coolest" thing I did was install headrest monitors into my OEM (cloth) headrests:... :) They are hooked up to my ROsen plug-and-play DVD/Navigation head-unit.

I have quite a few pics in my "Garage" as well. The "Garage" is a cool feature of this site - it's a place where you can post pics of your ride and some descriptions about what you've done. You'll see the link under peoples avatar in posts (like "View My Garage jtrosky"). There is also a "Garage" link at the top of the page to browse/search others garages...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I really like that head unit I have the 5200 but that one looks bigger! Is it a 7in? Also I have the p3 two ohms, they were a little on the expensive side but totally worth it. For cheaper subs I had good luck with RE audio. You should send me a link to the subs you're looking to buy. Also does it come with an amp for 150 bucks?? I know the 5200 have 3 rca outputs which is so nice when you go to do you speakers does your head unit have the same set up?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Jtrosky I'll have to look at that! I have two headrests tvs and two sun visors ones. I can't get them to work. Did you have to add a signal amplifier ??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yep it's 7inch. I still might get the P3's.. I've had them in my shopping cart on Amazon for probably 6 months now, just haven't pulled the trigger. The Terminators for 150 is just the two subs and the box no amp. I prefer the look of the P3's and Rockford Fosgates quality. I replaced my door speakers with some 6.5 Fosgates, they sound great.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Jtrosky I'll have to look at that! I have two headrests tvs and two sun visors ones. I can't get them to work. Did you have to add a signal amplifier ??
No - I did not add a signal amplifier. But I only have 2 screens and not 4, so that may be the difference... The Rosen actually has 2 video-out connections for headrest monitors - can't remember if I'm using them both or just used a y-splitter for the video... But they both show the same thing (DVD from headunit, .avi files from SD card in headunit, etc). I also have an old PS2 that stays under the back seat and just connects via aux inputs on the headrest monitors directly for my son, etc)... But he really doesn't play PS2 games anymore! :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I put rockford fosgate's 6x9s in the back and put 75 watts to them each. I have to agree they sound really great! Better than the shit dual speakers I had in. If you do end up getting the p3's you may want to consider a capacitor. I have a 10 farad one in between the two 6x9 speakers and it still puts strain on my alternator when they hit. Do you have an amp for your 6.5s? As for the headrest speakers that is awesome that your head unit has two video outputs ! I think that's going to be my next project is getting those Damn tv's working. It's been haunting me for a while now. what brand of tvs are they and is it rca output? Mine are 7 pin s video which I thought was a dead system to use. I'm sure your son loves having any video games to play though ! Do you have a power inverter running the ps2? If so how many watt?

21 - 40 of 85 Posts