1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Wow! Never seen that hood before! We DEFINITELY need more pics :eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I'm curious - did you plastidip your entire car? Or is that flat black paint? Obviously, it was blue at one point. :) I'm also curious about the front bumper - is that a Monte Carlo bumper with some "add on" ground effects?

I'm not 100% sure on the hood. I kind of like it, but at the same time, by the time you get it professionally painted, you're probably looking at $1k for a hood. Maybe it's just me and my OCD, but these aftermarket hoods never seem to fit just right. For me personally, I think that I would probably go for a nice "add on" hood scoop first - it would be MUCH cheaper and if done right, they actually look pretty damn good - especially when they are painted to match the color of the car. When done right, it's hard to even tell it's an "add on" hood scoop. I've seen some pics on Ebay like this - the scoop is about $189 for a good one and then needs painted and installed (stuck on). I'd assume that you're looking at less than $300 total. Still not decided if I'd even want a scoop on my Impala though....

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
753 Posts
That hood doesn't look too bad but I'm just not a fan of body kits on impalas. I don't know why just doesn't flow well..Of course just my opinion. I'm curious on the paint too, is it plastidip? If so, did you buy the sprayer? How long did it take to dip?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is dipped. Very under painted actually. I used about a gallon (20 spray cans) and it took about 5 hours and 2 -3 coats. I plan on doing the color changing dip at some point soon, I'm getting ready for a local car show. Your absoultly right about the blue it's got a nice blue paint job underneath but cops were hassling me left and right, so I decided dipping it was a good option. Haven't got pulled over since actually. I agree there probably was cheaper methods to getting the scoop but the hood I had on prior was very dented and starting to rust to the point I'd have to purchase a new one.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts