Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get replacement steering wheel seek/mode buttons? Other than a junkyard...I can't find replacements anywhere on the internet. Mine are in rough shape.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Junkyard or ebay if you don't want to deal with a yard

Edit: You can actually replace just the "caps" and not the whole switch assembly. Likely something a junkyard would just give you if you purchase something else.

Do NOT forget to disconnect the battery when replacing these buttons as it requires taking the wheel apart. Which has an airbag obviously. There is nothing like an airbag blowing up in your face.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These buttons actually just pop right out. It's not the cruise control button, it's the radio controls. I believe only the LS/SS have them.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
These buttons actually just pop right out. It's not the cruise control button, it's the radio controls. I believe only the LS/SS have them.
So no need to take steering wheel apart? Sweet that's news to me. I knew you could replace just the "caps" but didn't know they just pop right off. Surprisingly mine are in excellent condition still but, I clean my wheel with armorall or similar all the time.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So no need to take steering wheel apart? Sweet that's news to me. I knew you could replace just the "caps" but didn't know they just pop right off. Surprisingly mine are in excellent condition still but, I clean my wheel with armorall or similar all the time.

This is just the radio control buttons not the cruise control. The raidio control button unit comes right out of the wheel if you use a flathead or pliers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Google 15219672 for the left hand switch and 15219672 for the right hand one. Both available from GM parts and off ebay vendors for around $20-$30.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Not trying to thread jack this just seems like the place to ask what about the cruise control buttons all of my buttons have the black coating wore off

·
Registered
14 Posts
Not trying to thread jack this just seems like the place to ask what about the cruise control buttons all of my buttons have the black coating wore off
Same problem I'm having with the switches in the hot Texas sun. Google: Standard Motor Products DS2111 for the Resume/Accel switch For the GM of the same search on 15219674 (around $25 from gmparts direct).

For the set/coast switch I could only find the GM part # 15219700 which runs almost $50!

You all ought to download this: http://www.likeabigdog.com/impala/impalapartslist00-05.pdf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts