Impala Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There seems to be 3 major brands (that I've found) available in Canada.

Who's had good and bad luck with which?
  1. Metra (same as Scoche?)
  2. Axxess
  3. Pac Audio
Have Bose audio, so it needs to support that. Also must retain steering wheels controls.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Metra/access I used the GM most 1 axdsp it works great allows you to replace factory amp, getting rid of anc, and that crappy eq curve

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One thing I'm seeing is that if you have Bose, you loose the ability to fade your aftermarket stereo. Not a huge deal - couldn't tell you the last time I did that anyhow!

I just really wanted to get a Carplay deck. But it's not that huge a deal. I'll probably just wait until the factory deck actually dies, then that might justify it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
There seems to be 3 major brands (that I've found) available in Canada.

Who's had good and bad luck with which?
  1. Metra (same as Scoche?)
  2. Axxess
  3. Pac Audio
Have Bose audio, so it needs to support that. Also must retain steering wheels controls.
I had great results with a PAC Audio interface when I upgraded the system in my wife's GMC, but it didn't have Bose audio.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I used an idatalink maestro rr in my 2007 ss when I upgraded to a pioneer w4400new head unit. It retains all factory options door chimes etc. The steering wheel buttons are programmable too

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have used PAC RP4-GM31 and the Metra. The RP4 is WAY better if you are wanting to retain your steering wheel controls. The only gripe I have with PAC is that the wrong instructions came with it and I had to look up the right ones online. The Metra steering wheel controls were garbage and I never could get it to work. I have never used iData but it seemed like over kill since I don't have the bose system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
All last gen impalas have a bose amp,when you use the axdsp most 1 you keep factory head and sec you get rid of factory eq limits, and anc on equipped models you get a dsp with time alignment, cross over, and eq and what ever amps you want to run

1 - 10 of 10 Posts