Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 2014 Impala 2LTZ is the same way. The heat starts at about the 3 or 4 o'clock position and continues to the 8 or 9 o'clock position. The upper half does not heat up, it does have the wood trim on the top half which may be why there is no heat on the top half. I have assumed that this is the way it is supposed to be. Does anybody have a 2014 Impala that has heat all the way around the steering wheel ? The owners manual does not state what part of the wheel gets hot.

·
Registered
882 Posts
in my 1st week of driving this car i'm also seeing that the heat isnt even consistent through the bottom of the wheel. i never touch the top of the wheel so the positioning isnt the issue but i expect the bottom to stay consistently hot

or does it have to 'cool down' occasionally?

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Really, the only way to make everyone happy is to heat the whole damn wheel! If you're going to go as far as provide a heated steering wheel, at least heat the whole thing! Everyone positions their hands differently - it's just silly to only heat half of the wheel...

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in my 1st week of driving this car i'm also seeing that the heat isnt even consistent through the bottom of the wheel. i never touch the top of the wheel so the positioning isnt the issue but i expect the bottom to stay consistently hot

or does it have to 'cool down' occasionally?
I do find it hotter on cold days vs say 45F days ... it's like where's the heat?!

·
Registered
567 Posts
That's really strange. I would imagine the wood part would be where most people's hands were. I drive one handed at 12 o'clock.

you lean half way over to passenger side, other hand on your permamamtly attached cell phone with elbow on the center console?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts