Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is some kind of mod possible to get stealth mode like the 9c1s have? Or at the very least tell me how to keep my domes off when I open up my doors. Lol
:dunno:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Buy a "haynes service manual". It has wiring diagrams which will show you where the interior lights link together. Install a switch or button before it splits and that's it. Will take some research, planning, and work taking apart the dash but, it should be straight forward :eek:k3:

Plan on doing some spying, huh? :giggle:

Reactions: Ocfussell

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buy a "haynes service manual". It has wiring diagrams which will show you where the interior lights link together. Install a switch or button before it splits and that's it. Will take some research, planning, and work taking apart the dash but, it should be straight forward :eek:k3:

Plan on doing some spying, huh? :giggle:
Maybe? No I just wanna feel like a cop without the everyone hating you...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Isn't there a setting in the DIC to turn off the interior lights?

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Isn't there a setting in the DIC to turn off the interior lights?
Nope there isn't. The dic just has headlight delay, door lock options, fob program, etc.

·
Banned
748 Posts
Take the bulb(s) out of your dome... :idea:
instead of that rewire the socket and have a switch run outside will be easier to do a switch install near the dome itself than somewhere else so basically you get away with both the suggestions and incorporate them into your own unique design.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ Already stated that. But you would want to find where the power splits off so you can hook the switch up before that to kill power to all interior lights. And I am not even sure they all are powered off the same feed. Like I said you would need to do research or get a wiring diagram.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the "Stealth" mode on mine and I hate it

·
Banned
748 Posts
I have the "Stealth" mode on mine and I hate it
There u go better option is to just do a car swap like those wife swap movies out there :devil:

·
Banned
748 Posts
Here is a suggestion :

Get black electrical tape and tape the hell out of the dome cover or use black duct tape or paint it all black.

·
Banned
748 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts