Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 LT INK SLATE METALLIC, Tint, Custom Clear Smoke Tinted Headlight & Tail Light, Audio System
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, bit of bad news. Couple of weeks ago, a young man ran a red light as I was negotiating my turn! I don't believe he touched the brakes until the last moment (probably when he noticed me) (probably fucking with his phone or something) K.O.'D my baby! Went from this
Tire Wheel Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle Tire Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

To this...
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Automotive tire Tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Hood

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Grille

Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
350 Posts
That's messed up. One clean car in the before pictures, even shinny in the after pics. It's a wonder there aren't more wrecks with all the texting. Hope you're ok.

·
Registered
2009 LT INK SLATE METALLIC, Tint, Custom Clear Smoke Tinted Headlight & Tail Light, Audio System
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I'm ok. Thank you. Crazy part is the car still starts & runs, no problem. Hell, I can still drive it during the day. (No Headlights) harness is severed and the other half is in the middle of some street. Lower RAL is damaged beyond repair, has to be replaced! Total car repairs dance to the tune of "$16,418!" The suckie part about all this is the list of parts I ordered! Good thing I'm getting another Impala!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yes, I'm ok. Thank you. Crazy part is the car still starts & runs, no problem. Hell, I can still drive it during the day. (No Headlights) harness is severed and the other half is in the middle of some street. Lower RAL is damaged beyond repair, has to be replaced! Total car repairs dance to the tune of "$16,418!" The suckie part about all this is the list of parts I ordered! Good thing I'm getting another Impala!
Shouldve gotten out and beaten his ass. Im tired of these morons on their phones

Reactions: Swoodsr and sheila

·
Registered
Black 2012 Impala LS, Gold 2000 Impala
86 Posts
Hello all, bit of bad news. ...
Sorry to hear that. Thanks for posting. I think you'll find this forum is a good place to find like-minded people.

Lastly, Glad someone didn't kill you, so you are here to tell us all about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
$16k for that repair is extremely excessive. I suggest getting another shop's opinion if you want the rebuild route.
I was in a similar wreck years ago in which the control arms, part of the subframe, and the CV axle split from the impact.
I was able to replace the subframe and rebuild the front suspension system along with a new rack and pinion, headlights plus cosmetic stuff like bumper cover, fender, ect for all about $2-2.5k.

This was the wreck:
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Subframe replacement:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Final product:
Car Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. Take to another repair facility and see what they say. That's a awesome repair by the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts