Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2018 Impala V6 with 15,000 miles on it. When I floor it from either a dead stop or slow roll it stalls on me and comes right back. Is this some safety feature? Is this a problem I need to take in to Chevy? When it did it a warning light came on the dash that said "Stallbrake". Don't remember if it was one L or two..

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have a 2018 Impala V6 with 15,000 miles on it. When I floor it from either a dead stop or slow roll it stalls on me and comes right back. Is this some safety feature? Is this a problem I need to take in to Chevy? When it did it a warning light came on the dash that said "Stallbrake". Don't remember if it was one L or two..

Cause: Amateur race car driver’s lack of driving ability causing the traction control and stability control systems to engage, thus temporarily reducing the engine output.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!! I guess the last comment is from a guy who obviously knows. Thanks for nothing AS$!
To those who asked or stated a serious comment. No, I wasn't trying out for the next Fast n Furious movie. The tires never chirped or lost traction. Like I said it was from a stop or slow roll. If I just pressed hard on the accelerator it jumped to go for a split second, then stalled dashboard lites and all came on, the pop up on the dash for "Stallbrake" came on and then in a second it started right back up.
No, it doesn't have the feature to shut down at lights.
Again to the two who made a serious contribution to my post, I thank you. To the third, well have a blessed day.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow!! I guess the last comment is from a guy who obviously knows. Thanks for nothing AS$!
To those who asked or stated a serious comment. No, I wasn't trying out for the next Fast n Furious movie. The tires never chirped or lost traction. Like I said it was from a stop or slow roll. If I just pressed hard on the accelerator it jumped to go for a split second, then stalled dashboard lites and all came on, the pop up on the dash for "Stallbrake" came on and then in a second it started right back up.
No, it doesn't have the feature to shut down at lights.
Again to the two who made a serious contribution to my post, I thank you. To the third, well have a blessed day.
Ok I'll bite...
Turn your TCS off and see what happens.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So update since last post.

I get home the other evening, shut the car off, open the car door to get out and it goes black on me. All the power to the car is out! It was late so I figured I would just check it in the am. Next morning same crap. Nothing. No power at all. I check the battery, fully charged and good. Had it towed to Chevy. The tow truck guy found the same as I, no power to the vehicle and a good battery. Few hours later they call me said it is ready. Tell me that the positive battery cable ( not on the battery side, but the other end of the cable) was barely threaded. I smell bullsh*t but I let it go as it was running just fine.
I leave the dealership and make it 2 or 3 miles away and this time it doesn't lose all power it just started to stall on me and leaves me stranded on the side of a road. When I try to restart it, I get the remote not detected. Mind you the same remote that had been used with the car since I bought is in the car with me and it still locks/unlocks the doors. But will not start the car or open the trunk. While waiting for another tow truck I try to lock it from the outside and remote start it work the key fob and the MyChevy (OnStar) app. No good. OnStar tried to trouble shoot but asking me to take the remote and place it in the cradle in my arm rest. It should be able to recognize the remote and start the vehicle. Almost two hours later as the tow truck is pulling in behind me I let the arm rest door close down in it's own weight and sure enough everything kicks on and it starts up. He checks the battery again and then follows me back to the dealer. As weekend and three days later they try to pull the same lame story. "It was loose battery wires". I told them I'm calling BS on that. But here I am now back with my car, the initial stall problem hasn't happened but in all fairness I really haven't drove it in a while.
Sorry so long

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've had this kind of problem before, ended up torch soldering new wires for the battery (as in built my own) with marine terminals and heavy duty clips.
Like heated the clips with a torch and inserted wire and solder until liquid formed, then let it cool.
Completely cleaned the battery terminals with a wire brush tool sold for that purpose.

Nowadays I also treat my battery terminals with anti-corrosion spray.

You'll need a mechanic that has experience and isn't afraid of going outside the mold.
Dealership won't do that kind of work, they'll just replace your present cables with new ones, OEM.
Granted that may be the route to go as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts