Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Yesterday, I installed the GM # 12499352 exhaust finishers on the car. Very pleased with their quality. These are advertised by some vendors as chromed parts, but are, in fact, polished stainless. I followed the instructions included with the parts and cut 3.5" off the stock pipes prior to installing.

The factory pipes looked like tiny drinking straws poking out below big notches in the rear valence, so these provided a nice visual enhancement to the car's rear end. :)

Also, I've always loved the flying impala logo, so after seeing the Gen9 door scuff plates @mwilson62000 had put in his Gen8, I decided that my car needed some too.

I searched all over for matching rear scuff plates, but couldn't find any. I guess GM didn't see fit to make any for the back. :(

What to do? I bought a second set of front scuff plates and trimmed them to fit. ;)

Cheers!

T-

·
Registered
688 Posts
@Tesla... You creative little devil you... Care to share where you purchased the scuff plates from? And how they install?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Tesla... You creative little devil you... Care to share where you purchased the scuff plates from? And how they install?
I picked them up on eBay. There are a few different vendors there who stock them. GM P/N 22954819. Adhesive-backed, so just peel and place - at least in the front.

Blood Pressure Alert: All vendors are quite proud of them.

Cheers! :beer:

T-

·
Registered
688 Posts
I picked them up on eBay. There are a few different vendors there who stock them. GM P/N 22954819. Adhesive-backed, so just peel and place - at least in the front.

Blood Pressure Alert: All vendors are quite proud of them.

T-
I guess I should take that to mean they aren't cheap?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
They are definitely not cheap!! :) I think they are like $80+ for *2* of them.

Back in 2014, there were some inexpensive "Impala" door sills that I managed to get a hold of - all 4 (front and back) for $30 shipped. :) They are not as nice as the "real" ones, but for the price difference, I am happy with them.

Unfortunately, I never seen these available again. They were one of those direct-from-China deals (but have held up really well - they are stainless steel).

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are definitely not cheap!! :) I think they are like $80+ for *2* of them.

Back in 2014, there were some inexpensive "Impala" door sills that I managed to get a hold of - all 4 (front and back) for $30 shipped. :) They are not as nice as the "real" ones, but for the price difference, I am happy with them.

Unfortunately, I never seen these available again. They were one of those direct-from-China deals (but have held up really well - they are stainless steel).
The real insult is that the genuine GM scuff plates are also made in China. Couldn't possibly cost GM more than $10 a pair to have made and shipped.

Ah ... but I had to have the flying Impala, so I paid the vig.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
The genuine GM versions are really nice though. I really like how you cut a pair to use in the rear - they look really good. That never even crossed my mind!!! Very nicely done!

The $30 set I bought are just "flat" - there is no texture like there is with the genuine GM versions. Besides the cost, one of the other reasons that I bought the cheap versions was because they included them for the rear doors as well. If I would have been as creative as you, I just may have bought the GM versions! Yes, they are crazy-expensive, but if you plan on having the car for many years, it's still worth it (in my opinion).

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The genuine GM versions are really nice though. I really like how you cut a pair to use in the rear - they look really good. That never even crossed my mind!!! Very nicely done!

The $30 set I bought are just "flat" - there is no texture like there is with the genuine GM versions. Besides the cost, one of the other reasons that I bought the cheap versions was because they included them for the rear doors as well. If I would have been as creative as you, I just may have bought the GM versions! Yes, they are crazy-expensive, but if you plan on having the car for many years, it's still worth it (in my opinion).
Thank you, sir! I appreciate the kind words.

I do plan to drive this car until the wheels fall off, as I did its predecessor, which was just shy of 20 years old when I finally retired it. :)

T-

·
Registered
688 Posts
They do look good and I am watching an $84 pair on eBay... I am holding on to mine for the next 5 years minimum, unless something too good to pass up comes along, which I doubt...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They do look good and I am watching an $84 pair on eBay... I am holding on to mine for the next 5 years minimum, unless something too good to pass up comes along, which I doubt...
I got mine off eBay for $82.89 per pair from Bill Cramer Chevrolet/GMC. I think they have some left. eBay seller name is billcramergm.

Reactions: WickedGoat
1 - 12 of 12 Posts