Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Impala SS just starting displaying the service stabilitrac and service braking system on the dash. Not sure if it is telling me that I need to change the brakes or if I'm having a more serious issue. The first time it came on was after some hard accelerating and braking. Both lights came on then wet of after the brakes cooled off. Now they both come on after I start the car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My 2008 Impala SS just starting displaying the service stabilitrac and service braking system on the dash. Not sure if it is telling me that I need to change the brakes or if I'm having a more serious issue. The first time it came on was after some hard accelerating and braking. Both lights came on then wet of after the brakes cooled off. Now they both come on after I start the car.

Same issue, sometimes. Try to restart the car, and see if it goes away. Generally, mine goes away if I restart the car. I'm sure there is still an issue.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Same issue, sometimes. Try to restart the car, and see if it goes away. Generally, mine goes away if I restart the car. I'm sure there is still an issue.

It does do that if I restart the car. It will come back on if I get on it hard .

·
Registered
954 Posts
Edward & EJ, please send me a private message if you would like me to investigate these concerns further for you. (Including the last eight of your VIN in your message would be very helpful in order for me to check my GM resources properly.)

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
38 Posts
My 2012 had the same light pop up this last Saturday. If I recall my 2001 Impala had the same issue and it ended up being a faulty wheel bearing and speed sensor.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
My 2012 had the same light pop up this last Saturday. If I recall my 2001 Impala had the same issue and it ended up being a faulty wheel bearing and speed sensor.
x2 or wiring harness to wheel-bearing speed sensor

·
Registered
38 Posts
Okay, so I picked up the car from the dealer last night, no answers, and they told me they had to reprogram my PCM because for whatever reason it did not store the code it threw last Saturday.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I changed the brakes on my car last week. All four corners. I've yet to see the light again in my car. I'm not sure if it was due to a sensor that was acting funny... but shortly after changing the brakes I did see a message on the dash display that said "Done Calibrating System". Now the brake job was not the only thing that I did that day. I basically gave my car a tune-up... Plugs, oil/oil filter, brakes and filters. I did leave the last 8 of my VIN with Katie so I'll see what's up when ever she gets back to me. Like I said though still no lights after the brake job though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts