Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So driving home from work and the service stabilitrak warning came on along with the transmission light. Seems to shift fine but runs a little rough in idle. Any thoughts?

I'm suspecting a wheel speed sensor or wheel bearing issue.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
So driving home from work and the service stabilitrak warning came on along with the transmission light. Seems to shift fine but runs a little rough in idle. Any thoughts?

I'm suspecting a wheel speed sensor or wheel bearing issue.

I would have the code(s) pulled before I started any work on the car. Some scanners cannot pull GM transmission codes.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would have the code(s) pulled before I started any work on the car. Some scanners cannot pull GM transmission codes.
I'm getting it looked at Monday by the stealership. I ordered a code reader so that i'll have it in the future.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, considering I hit a transition point on the express way a couple weeks ago that hit hard enough to bend a rim, im going to go ahead and assume its that wheel bearing giving me issues. Michigan road crews suck, when they replace pavement they dont make sure where the old pavement and new pavement meet is even.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1 fried spark plug, 1 fried ignition coil, and several low voltage warnings later (off of a new battery) and im out the door. Glad I didn't replace the wheel bearing.

Reactions: sheila
1 - 5 of 5 Posts