Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i no longer will be telling other forum members the car is trouble free cause the week after i post that, this happens

while driving the stabilitrack light came on. the CEL, and what i think is the traction control light. car with the zig zag lines. past 2 weeks ive felt like the car is loose, like didnt have the confidence i always did. hard to explain. just that it felt off

lights all went off after a minute but what am i looking at here?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
silly observation but the past few days when i get in the car in the morning, i hear a click from the right rear, as if its an ancient car with creaks. but just 5 years old and 196K so not that old

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would start by checking the rear sway bar links. They had the tendency to brake on the 8th gen cars, causing clunking or popping noise when going over speed bumps. I know you have a 9th gen, but with that kind of miles, and your mention of "aggressive driving" in the past, something could be loose or broken back there.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well turns out misfire on 5 and i was gonna do the plugs anyway next month during inspection. he said he will also move the coil and mark it and that will tell if i need a new coil too. gonna let the intake soak over night and i told him take pics how bad it is. i was always curious to see what it looked like

i told him of the loose feel of the car and he said he would check it out.had all shocks done in the past but maybe its due.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
550 is ouch but at least all is done. he showed me a pic of how cruddy it was inside. but forgot to take pic once all cleaned up.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
My wife said she was on her way home in our 15 Impala with just 39,540 miles and the stabilitrack message and cel light came on. She said the cel light was blinking. She said it only lasted a minute then shut off. We have both driven it since and the lights never came back on and it feels fine. I read the code with my Diablo tuner and it was a P0306 (misfire on cylinder 6). I cleared the code and hopefully it doesn't come back.
I try to always use top tier gas but she recently filled the tank herself at 7-11. Could be the cause, could not be, who knows?

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my guy told me they use the stabilitrak warning to get people in the door and that it has zero to do with what is actually wrong with the car. true?

i had the misfire code too but i was due for plugs anyway as it was 196K. just did it 2 months earlier than i planned. since you gotta yank the intake may as well have it cleaned. mechanics need to design cars, not engineers.

speaking of misfire. is that the popping noise you hear? cause i can reproduce one faithfully by coasting on the highway then getting on it. does it almost every time. very annoying. even with new plugs it does it.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I don't hear any popping and it is running fine still with no codes reappearing. If you are hearing a popping that is something else.
If the code comes back I will check spark plug and coil on cylinder 6 since that one is in the front driver side and doesn't require the intake be removed luckily.
I did see a youtube video where the guy was able to change spark plugs without removing the intake but the back ones looked really tight and hard to see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts