Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i no longer will be telling other forum members the car is trouble free cause the week after i post that, this happens

while driving the stabilitrack light came on. the CEL, and what i think is the traction control light. car with the zig zag lines. past 2 weeks ive felt like the car is loose, like didnt have the confidence i always did. hard to explain. just that it felt off

lights all went off after a minute but what am i looking at here?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
silly observation but the past few days when i get in the car in the morning, i hear a click from the right rear, as if its an ancient car with creaks. but just 5 years old and 196K so not that old

·
Registered
297 Posts
I would start by checking the rear sway bar links. They had the tendency to brake on the 8th gen cars, causing clunking or popping noise when going over speed bumps. I know you have a 9th gen, but with that kind of miles, and your mention of "aggressive driving" in the past, something could be loose or broken back there.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well turns out misfire on 5 and i was gonna do the plugs anyway next month during inspection. he said he will also move the coil and mark it and that will tell if i need a new coil too. gonna let the intake soak over night and i told him take pics how bad it is. i was always curious to see what it looked like

i told him of the loose feel of the car and he said he would check it out.had all shocks done in the past but maybe its due.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts