Impala Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey First of im in the process of putting a K&N cold air intake and 44 Series Flowmaster on my 06 SS but i have this problem when i am at a complete stop i get ready to take off it kindof take off slow and feels like it shifts hard any one had dis problem before?

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Sounds like your trans is slipping. These transmissions are very weak and alot of us have problems with them. If you dont wanna blow your trans you should probably not do it anymore.

When is the last time your transmission was serviced and how many miles does the car have?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds like your trans is slipping. These transmissions are very weak and alot of us have problems with them. If you dont wanna blow your trans you should probably not do it anymore.

When is the last time your transmission was serviced and how many miles does the car have?
my transmission was serviced in aug and im at 97k right now.. would do you think i should do?

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Pan should be dropped and filter should be changed then filled back up with fluid every 30k miles.

There isnt much you can do at this point except dont beat your car. We here on the forum like to refer to these transmissions as being made of glass. Be happy yours made it over 90k miles.

Also if you rebuild or get a new trans a external trans cooler off a police impala will help prolong its life.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
I would do the dealer route if under the warranty. Otherwise hard shifts can be caused by solenoids in the transmission as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also if your still under 100k you might still be under the drive train warranty you might want to take it to. a dealership
i already had my transmission rebuilt from the chevy dealer because it went out at 50k put do you think spark plugs and wires would be a route i should take?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
If you had trans rebuilt at 50,000 you might still have a warranty on the trans. Get dealer to check trans or see if they see any codes.I don't think plugs and wires are going to fix a hard shift problem, more than likely a solenoid.
Good luck and keep us posted.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you had trans rebuilt at 50,000 you might still have a warranty on the trans. Get dealer to check trans or see if they see any codes.I don't think plugs and wires are going to fix a hard shift problem, more than likely a solenoid.
Good luck and keep us posted.
kool thanks alot

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
How high are you kicking up the RPMs? When I pull off from a green light, I won't go higher than 3000 or sometimes 3500 RPMs. No point in overworking the engine and possibly killing the transmission.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
06 didn't have the long warranty, but as stated if the trans was rebuilt at 50k, it should be under warranty from that. Could very well be a solenoid issue. But is this issue new? Or has it always been sluggish? Just wondering if its maybe torque management.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
06SS-ryder, I see you're already receiving great feedback from the forum regulars, and I just wanted to let you know I'm available via private message if you would like any further assistance along the way. (I am, for instance, happy to contact your dealer on your behalf if you have any lingering concerns after your initial dealer visit.)

Best,

Katie
Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How high are you kicking up the RPMs? When I pull off from a green light, I won't go higher than 3000 or sometimes 3500 RPMs. No point in overworking the engine and possibly killing the transmission.

When i take off my rpms are in that same range no higer than 3000

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
06 didn't have the long warranty, but as stated if the trans was rebuilt at 50k, it should be under warranty from that. Could very well be a solenoid issue. But is this issue new? Or has it always been sluggish? Just wondering if its maybe torque management.
when i got it rebuilt and 50k it was fine up untill now it just started doing it but not all the time

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Probably a solenoid problem then, dealer replaced trannies have their own 100k warranty, so you should be covered.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts