Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These made a huge difference. I still need to plasti-dip the new emblem, but it was was far too windy here today to try and attempt that.

Before:

After:

Difference:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
LOOKS GOOD! :eek:k3: I'D LOVE TO HAVE SOME BODY COLOR ONES FOR MINE.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Yeah I eventually plan to paint these silver but the black looks so good

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
thanks! Yeah i eventually plan to paint these silver but the black looks so good
it does! Have you thought about using night shades when you do em silver? I think it would look sick!

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, ima tint em but I will NOT use niteshades. They go dull too quickly. I'm using rust-o-leum lens tint

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Yeah that does happen mine are really dull. I'm thinking about finding another set and having em done by a by a pro even if i have to send em off somewhere. How good does the rust-o-leum hold up?

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shiny from what I've seen with no need for clear coat. You can sand the nite shades down and respray with the rust-o

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wow your car looks so much better with those!:eek:k3:

I had to take off the paint on my tail lamps. got a citation for that grrr...:bang:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
wow your car looks so much better with those!:eek:k3:

I had to take off the paint on my tail lamps. Got a citation for that grrr...:bang:
the cop must have been jealous or if it was at the end of the month they have a ticket quota they have to meet. My uncle is a city cop and he leaves everyone alone on vehicle mods unless he hasn't met his quota. Next time tell em to go pick on some civic rice burner with a fart can and rainbow neons havin a circle jerk in some random parkin lot with their other ricer buddies.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wish!
It was into the middle of the month and he got for several other things.
Tail lamps painted. Slight crack on the windshield and not using my turn signal leaving a shopping center. Total is about 450.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Shiny from what I've seen with no need for clear coat. You can sand the nite shades down and respray with the rust-o
I MIGHT HAVE TO TRY IT. I ALREADY RE DONE MINE SINCE IT WAS MY FIRST TIME AND IT DIDN'T DARKEN UP TILL IT DRIES... :gaah:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
AS STATED IN A WINDOW TINT THREAD... 20% should look good. I had 15% all the way around on my 2002 untill i got pulled over for it. They got me at 3am and searched my vehicle. It was about 25 degrees out and they tore everything apart. Me and my girlfriend were stuck on the side of the road with $150 worth of groceries freezing our asses off for over an hour. They ended up confiscating my 9mm since i'm only 19. After all was said and done i had to pull the tint off the front windows. The underage possession of a loaded concealed handgun charges were dropped thanks to my connections :) . Now all thats left is to get the front windows tinted again.

HE WANTED TO GET ME FOR LOUD EXHAUST, TINTED TAILS, ILLEGAL HID'S AND NOT SIGNALING WHEN I PULLED OVER BUT HIS PARTNER WANTED TO GO TO THE MCDONALDS RITE NEXT TO WHERE HE PULLED ME OVER LOL. GLAD HE HAD A HUNGRY ROOKIE WITH HIM!

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Looks great, man! Be happy you found some! haha

PS I do have a set if anyone's interested. Black. PM me if you want to make an offer.

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys. Speakers are going in tomorrow and then under dash/trunk LEDs and hardwiring the radar detector will probably be Friday. Tint by the end of the year.

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
I like

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Should have gotten the correct colur key for your car.
Well, ideally, yes I would have gotten those, but they are even harder to find than the black ones. I'm going to paint these with paint that is custom-mixed to match the paint code. I'm waiting to do that though, because I don't like the way they silver covers look with red tail lights. Something about it looks...cheap to me. I'm going to tint the lenses black, which will change the look significantly, but I'm waiting til summer to do it. The black still looks much better than the reddish that they were before..in fact, I might have to see how much Don wants for that second set :devil:

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
It looks like a normal 04-05 silver Impala because they come with the black lenses... when you get the color matched paint then they will really set off the look!

·
Go Get It
15,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It looks like a normal 04-05 silver Impala because they come with the black lenses... when you get the color matched paint then they will really set off the look!
The whole car has a Silver/Black theme, so I decided to put these on while they were black until I paint them in the summer, because the other tails didn't match the theme.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts