Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
The basilonestopshop ones are the newer Camaro-style SS emblems, but for the 8th Gen specific ones, EJ has got the right place to get them.

But BlackSS08, if your car don't have them already, you should be able to stick them to the car in the same spots as where they'd be. I know the site says that these would be "overlays" which would sit inside the actual badges, but sticking them to the car should be okay.

And thanks EJ... I already plan on spending more than $100 with them for a bunch of stuff for mine now. I just sent them an email inquiring about having a custom set made which would be like the ones below, but say "LS4 5.3L V8". The original person who has these LS3 ones said he couldn't do them in the LS4, so I'm hoping these guys can. I like the look of these the best, and think that these would best match the look of our 8th gens style.

Reactions: Ejbiers

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Grafxwerk rocks and I purchased from them many times and highly recommend them, but I do have to say that I was not overly thrilled with the SS inserts. Their bowtie liquidomes are awesome though. Personally, I would buy the actual emblems from Don linked above.

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Grafxwerk rocks and I purchased from them many times and highly recommend them, but I do have to say that I was not overly thrilled with the SS inserts. Their bowtie liquidomes are awesome though. Personally, I would buy the actual emblems from Don linked above.
As for the SS inserts, did they not stick well or something like that? And the gold bowtie on the front and back, are they screwed in like most bowties usually are, or will they pop right out?

I'm liking the bowtie liquidomes, and wouldn't mind a set of the blue ones for mine.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I could still see some white around the edges of the SS emblems with the inserts. That was my issue.

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
I could still see some white around the edges of the SS emblems with the inserts. That was my issue.
Hmm :dunno:. I was thinking of getting and doing the chrome ones for mine, but I may just leave them white if that's the case... I'll have to think about those then. Thanks for the head's up about those! But I agree that the front and rear bowtie inserts are a definite.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
You put em on wrong or something. I have one of the chrome ones I got from you on right now and it is sexy as hell. Still gotta put the other side on...
Also, you can remove the white from the SS anyway.
I dont think sticking the overlay on the car would look right. It wouldn't have the chrome border and would prolly look like a sticker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont want my carr lookin like a fake ss. i actually thought that they made the ones we have on our cars in red.

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
What I think the best option is, and what I'd do myself, is get the regular ss emblems if you don't have them, and get the grafwerks liquidome inlays.
Second option I would do, but wouldn't really want to, is get the red ss emblems. But those are for the new camaros and look different.
I don't think they make the exact ones we have in red.

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
You put em on wrong or something. I have one of the chrome ones I got from you on right now and it is sexy as hell. Still gotta put the other side on...
Okay, having second thoughts now about these then.

And how can you take the white out of these emblems? :dunno: I might try it, but then again I may just wait until I can order the overlays. I too was eyeing up the mirrored chrome ones. Good call WallyLO!

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
I think the white is some kind of vinyl. It kinda peels out. Kinda in pieces tho, cuz its stuck pretty good. I actually got em from TSS. Thank goodness his wife did the packing this time. Lol

·
Papa SSmirf
1,046 Posts
Hmmm, if it's like that then I'll just wait for the overlays.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
The ones I have are not OEM versions. Description: The Emblems are High Quality Aircraft Thin Aluminum And Hard Anodized in Color for a Long Lasting Finish . Comes with Self Adhesive 3M Tape for Easy and Simple Installation.

I can get ones made from 100% real carbon fiber if you like. They do not have the chrome outline, obviously, but they are CF.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I dont think sticking the overlay on the car would look right. It wouldn't have the chrome border and would prolly look like a sticker

I am soooooooo sorry. Wally is right. I was thinking of the NAIOA sticker overlays, not the liquidome grafxwerks ones I sold to Wally. Obviously, I never installed those. I sold the car and then sent them to Wally.......and yes my wife packed them...lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am soooooooo sorry. Wally is right. I was thinking of the NAIOA sticker overlays, not the liquidome grafxwerks ones I sold to Wally. Obviously, I never installed those. I sold the car and then sent them to Wally.......and yes my wife packed them...lol
so the liquidomes are good?

·
SStuntin on em
4,851 Posts
so the liquidomes are good?
Yes, liquidomes are good. TSS can't say for sure because he never got to use them. However, I have the ones he got and theyre really nice.
The ones he was actually referring to were from a different site and were basically stickers.
Grafxwerks products are pretty top notch as far as I know, and I'm pretty sure anyone here who has dealt with them will say the same, including TSS, as he had a liquidome bowtie on his trunk.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts