Impala Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

When opening the trunk on my 2009 Impala, it kinda gets stuck and then makes a loud creak/squeak noise. However, after it's open, it makes no more noise so it's hard to figure out where it's exactly coming from. It sounds like the right side, maybe the trunk rubbing against the weatherstripping or the metal hinges creaking? I don't think it's the black bar thing that seems to hold the trunk up (don't know what that's called). Should I just grease the heck out of all the metal hinges? :D

Thanks for the help!

-Cameron

·
Registered
588 Posts
Multi-Purpose Lubricant, Superlube (GM Part No. U.S. 12346241, in Canada 10953474). You can find this info in your Manual on page 6-12. That will give you some info about what you should use for your car on that page. You don't have to use GM products but is what they say should use...

James

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So it is the lube you should use for the hood and door hinges? Would an aerosol type lubricant be better? Like the one listed for the Hood Latch Assembly, Secondary Latch, Pivots, Spring Anchor, and Release Pawl which is Lubriplate Lubricant Aerosol (GM Part No. U.S. 12346293, in Canada 992723).

Thanks for the reply!

-Cameron

·
Registered
588 Posts
Either I am sure would work. I just think the one for the Hinges would be better seeing it takes more then just the latches. What you use is up to you really. I was just offering the one I use for mine... There other products around that may work just ask good. What one uses is up to them...

James

·
Registered
588 Posts
It maybe could if it was binding maybe. I wouldn't think so myself. They are not that hard to take off. Just pull the top clip up some not all the way off but enough to clear the ball it sits on and slide off the Strut. Lay it down and close if same noise then not the issue..

James

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.