Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm moving and make a left turn I hear a squeak from the passenger front. I had brakes and rotors done two weeks ago, don't know if maybe that's the issue or something else. It's a squeak, not a grinding noise. It doesn't squeak if the car is not in motion. Anyone have a good guess?

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I have the exact same thing going on with my 2012 - only during right turns instead of left turns (and noise is from front drivers side). Still haven't taken the time to troubleshoot it though... Only happens during low-speed, sharp right turns. It sounds like the brake squealer hitting the rotors - but the brakes (and rotors) are almost brand new. You'd think that if it were the dust shield, it would make the noise even when going straight, right?

Sent from my Hi10 plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone find a solution for this? My 2012 LS has a rhythmic squeak corresponding with tire rotation speed, but only when turning left. It's coming from the driver front. Rotors and pads are pretty new.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had this same issue when turning left at lower speeds. It happened more often in the warmer weather, but has worked itself out. I haven’t heard it at all since it’s been cold. Told the shop about it when I put it in for inspection in August, but they said they couldn’t find anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts