Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Null

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Why is it bullshit to merge SPORTS threads into the SPORTS thread? I don't understand why this is such an issue, I am open to hearing why, but right now you aren't really offering an argument beyond "It's bullshit."

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
Regarding the merging - both of the threads may be sports-related, but the subject of the threads were about two completely different games that really didn't relate to each other.

I mean we don't merge all of the automotive-related threads into a single "Automotive Page" thread, do we?! ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Regarding the merging - both of the threads may be sports-related, but the subject of the threads were about two completely different games that really didn't relate to each other.

I mean we don't merge all of the automotive-related threads into a single "Automotive Page" thread, do we?! ;-)

If two people post about the same problem, they are.

They are two different games that determine a singular outcome, two teams that will play against each other. Moreover, the Green Bay game had ended and the Pats game was almost over with less than one page of comments.

We are not talking about merging large threads here, they each had a page or page and a half of comments and the games were over.

I still do not see the issue here? Everyone is plenty fine with carrying on multiple conversations on any other thread, why is it now that it is so significant?

Finally, we are pretty lenient here when you look at other forums. I know plenty that would have closed both threads and referred you to the Sports thread without moving your posts.

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
It's not that it's a big deal (it really isn't), but I just didn't see the point (or need) to merge the two threads. @auntjemima posted the first thread and then the second poster (can't remember who it was), kinda posted a "back at ya" thread for the second game. That part of it was lost when the threads were merged and the thread names lost.

Again, it's not that it's a big deal, but at the same time, why was it such a big deal to leave them as they were? I didn't see anyone complaining and no rules were broken - just don't quite understand why it was done in the first place - we were enjoying the separate threads! :)

·
Super Moderator
1,591 Posts
Excited that football is back!!!

161 - 174 of 174 Posts