Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello enthusiasts
I experiencing varying charge levels that make no sense, potentially damaging my battery as I’ve had 4 new this calendar year. Dead cell each time. I only ever listen to the stereo when it’s running and have acceptable mA draw.
I have similar varying outputs from both stock and ho alternators.
It was suggested that I try and remove the 0000 ground from battery to stock location behind headlight, this caused a no start condition. I have upgraded the size of wire to 0 ha under the hood in the “big 5”.
Today I removed the 0 gauge that went from battery to under hood fuse box and the stock ground replacing them w 4 gauge. Same or higher output from alternator. Lately if I am parked and turn on rear defrost, high beams the on screen voltage reader drops from 14.7-15 to 12.6-13.6 and seems to stay below 14 after this. I am befuddled, my efforts to have a normal charging situation keep eluding me.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I’ve taken off the 0000 alternator to battery wire and put 0 back on. Replaced the 0000 battery to behind the headlight ground w 4ga and replaced the pos 0ga from battery to fuse panel w 4ga as well. Charging seems to be more steady. Not sure these wire upgrades were actually an upgrade. Maybe minimally increasing would have been better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts