Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a spoiler and its kinda warped , fits flush on on side and just undert a half-inch on the other . how can i fix this ?

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fiber glass they said it came with all the shit to install it . i called to ask (after i paid for it ) how it attatched to the trunk lid . thats when i found out it needed 2x sided tape . so yup its a stick on .

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
Go to AutoZone, get the biggest roll of 3M 2 sided tape, put solid strips across the spoiler long ways on the trunk flat, curve, and vertical sides, then some on the edges between all them. Then put a few strips between. line it up, pop it on, sit on the warped side for a few mins. and it should be fine.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Have you contacted you local dealer? Hehe.

Seriously though, have you talked to the company that you bought it from? I'd try to make them replace it, if its hollow it probably won't stay down for long. Otherwise, maybe try gluing in some bracing inside of it to give you more rigidity and surface area for sticking.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Yeah, limit your losses. You don't want that on your car. That sucks for ya though, but better than a stick on warped ill fitting spoiler bugging you every time you look at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts