Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am considering buying a 00-05 Impala SS spoiler thats unpainted and has 3rd LED brake light. All OEM. I was going to install it on my non SS 2005 Impala, which has no spoiler.

My question is if the LED brakelight wiring from the spoiler need to have a wire run from the trunk lid all the way to the battery or whatever the thingymajiger is that the brake lights connect to? Or is there already a way i could wire the 3rd brakelight without having to wire it through my interior (take off moldings and such)?

·
Registered
657 Posts
if the spoiler has a brake light in it, its not OEM. the factory SS spoiler has a cut out that goes around your third brake light, which is built into your trunklid. lets see a link for this spoiler, i bet they are wrong in their listing.

·
Registered
657 Posts
there is no LED brake light with that spoiler. its just a normal spoiler from an SS. no wires involved.:biggrin:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha. Moderator please delete this :violent1:

·
Registered
657 Posts
no need to delete this, someone else may come along and have the same question later. :wink:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good point, i guess im just getting to old to read the darn description nowadays lol.

Is there a Seafoam DIY writeup anywhere on naioa

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks..

Your impalaforums own search engine! lol :icon_thumleft:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yup, its been pretty nice here for past 2 or 3 weeks though, dunno how it is down in chilicothe.

Im beggin for rain, we just finished diggin a pond in our yard and are letting the rain water fill it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I must be just north of the storm i guess. sprinkled this morning a little bit, rained for like 30 minutes yesterday. supposed to be like 60 and sunny tomorrow :cool:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yup. Lost. In. Middle. America.

·
Registered
657 Posts
its not so bad, at least you see people on a daily basis. :biggrin: i got a lot of family in spencerville, you could spit from one side of the town to the other.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
haha spencerville. we call it spencertucky. I find it quite creative lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts