Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea my Dealer is ordering them and we are gonna see if they work, otherwise I guess there are none, I will let you know. If you find anything out let me know. I had my Impala pin striping painted on today looks sharp.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Here's an e-mail I got from dealerfit.com

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your patience. Unfortunately the Flat, Contour flaps will not work on the Rear of an Impala with 18" They will rub and damage both the tire and the splash guard.

Sincerely,
Ian Mickelborough
------------------
Customer Support
http://chevrolet.dealerfit.com
Genuine Accessories at Volume Discount Prices!

> Paul wrote on 2008-10-28 11:18:36:
>
> I am looking at buying some splash guards for my 2008 impala but the molded guards say they will not fit on 18" wheels. Can you explain more?
> Can I use molded on the front and buy the contour ones for the back??
>
> Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Splash Guards for the SS

Well the rear ones work fine and I am waiting on the front ones to come in. I saw an Impala LTZ with 18" wheels today with front and back, is there any difference ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well the rear ones work fine and I am waiting on the front ones to come in. I saw an Impala LTZ with 18" wheels today with front and back, is there any difference ?
I am not an expert but there might be a difference in body styles between the LTZ and SS due to the side body moldings.

That is good to hear about the back splash guards. I always thought the back ones would work but my dealer said no. There might be clearance issues on the front. Please let me know when you get them.

BTW - the front passenger side turn signal on my 2008 has already burned out, I have owned the car only 2 months. It has 3,000 miles on it and I see some rust on the door hinge. And I got a recall notice in the mail about a heating/cooling module being bad. Maybe I should have bought that Pontiac G8 after all.

Also, do you have any pics of your car and splash guards??????

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
I am not an expert but there might be a difference in body styles between the LTZ and SS due to the side body moldings.

That is good to hear about the back splash guards. I always thought the back ones would work but my dealer said no. There might be clearance issues on the front. Please let me know when you get them.

BTW - the front passenger side turn signal on my 2008 has already burned out, I have owned the car only 2 months. It has 3,000 miles on it and I see some rust on the door hinge. And I got a recall notice in the mail about a heating/cooling module being bad. Maybe I should have bought that Pontiac G8 after all.

Also, do you have any pics of your car and splash guards??????
The G8 would have been a much better choice.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still working on finding the front ones for the 08 Impala SS.....Rear ones work great....Dealer is working very hard to find them. He tells me he sold a pair of front ones to another 2008 SS owner and they worked great, but he could'nt remember the number off the top of his head.

Anyone else find them ?:confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts