Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 1995 Imapla SS. Beautiful car and runs like a dream. Young people think Granny Judy rocks in her sports car. The turn signals work but do not light up on the dash. The speedometer also does not light up but the cruise works. I checked the instrument cluster fuse. All the warning lights work on the dash. Could the bulb be out or do I have a more complex problem? Thanks. Judy

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
the digital dashes have alot of going in and out problems mine flashes from time to time with no info when i hit a hard bump..... im not sure whats causing ur prob but im sure someone on here can help!!!

·
Banned
117 Posts
You may have to take your insterment cluster out and clean the contacts.This is a very commen problem with the '94-'96 Caprices and Impala's.

The contacts may suffer from eather being dirty,corrosion,or a lose connection.Take your cluster out and check for all these things.9 times out of 10 you DO NOT need a new cluster.Just see whats going on with your current cluster and proseed to try different things untill your issue goes away.

Try using this,

Good luck and please update this thread if you managed to fix your cluster issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
see below for a step by step
Careful with the gear selector indicator. Don't stretch the line. You can unhook the spring first and then unhook the thin cable from the plastic indicator.
Good repairs- Dave - you must reassemble the site address. take out spaces
www . mottl . us /Digital%20Dash%20Turns%20On%20and%20Off.pdf

1 - 6 of 6 Posts