Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just bought a 2016 Impala and I have little fun with it last night. I ran to speeds up to 100 mph. Now today I tried to hit 85 and a notification pop up stating my speed has been limited to 83. Is there something I did? A mispunched button or what? How do I turn this off? And why is is set so low? Maybe you can help.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The General was notified and has reprogrammed your car through Onstar to limit you and keep you safe according to regulations put out by the government.
Best thing to do is keep your tinfoil hat on and it may jam the signals...

Seriously though, I have no idea but I do know you should slow down.

·
Super Moderator
12,438 Posts
I have never heard of a limiter so low. It should be 112mph at least - and possibly higher depending on the tires the car came with from the factory. Sounds like something is wrong (no idea what though).

·
Registered
598 Posts
You probably accidentally set the speed limiter... That's the best guess I can give you right now lol.

Speed Warning : The Speed Warning display allows the driver to set a speed that they do not want to exceed. To set the Speed Warning, press p when Speed Warning is displayed. Press w or x to adjust the value. Press V to set the speed. Once the speed is set, this feature can be turned off by pressing V while viewing this page. If the selected speed limit is exceeded, a pop-up warning "SPEED LIMIT EXCEEDED" is displayed with a chime.
The buttons didn't copy and paste over from the manual, but "p" is right arrow, "w" is up arrow, "x" is down arrow and "V" check mark.

Hope this helps!

PS.

If this isn't it... then I'm just as lost as you are :/

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's not really a limiter, just a warning. Looking at the DIC (driver information center) on the dash in the middle of the steering wheel, press the left arrow to get a list of functions. Select 'SETTING' using the up/down arrow and checkmark button. Then use the up/down arrow and select the 'SPEED WARNING'. then you can either turn it 'OFF' or set it to what you want. It won't limit your speed, it will just chime at you. Annoying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys I just bought a 2016 Impala and I have little fun with it last night. I ran to speeds up to 100 mph. Now today I tried to hit 85 and a notification pop up stating my speed has been limited to 83. Is there something I did? A mispunched button or what? How do I turn this off? And why is is set so low? Maybe you can help.
Having the exact same issue. First time ever. “Speed Limited to 82mph”. Car will NOT go faster then 82.
How did you fix this ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts