Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've had a couple people on here comment on my gauges and thought i'd put the link to the place that i got them from.

http://www.speedhut.com/custom_gauge_dial_description-auto-Chevy-auto_number-599.htm

i got these when they first came out and was even on the waiting list prior to them even being created. but when i did get them, it was very easy to install...just be careful around the arms on the gauges...other than that...no probs and it looks great...

they're $90 and you can customize them to however you want them to look. if you do purchase this for your rig, make sure you go ahead and get the dimmer switch...you'll want it as sometimes you need to dim the intensity of the new gauges.

you have to pull the entire dash:

pull the gauge cluster:

installed on cluster (be careful of the arms when putting them on...i didn't have to pull the arms off, was just careful when i pulled them thru the holes

complete installation:

glow look:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THose look pretty sick.... By what means do they light up? They dont look at all like stock bulbs.
i can't remember, and don't remember if the site says...but they by all means do not use bulbs as they are very flat as you can see from my above pics...

and yeah i spent a lot of time messing around with their website before i came up with the design that i picked...thought about what i could write on it as well, but then decided against that

·
Registered
375 Posts
and if i remember at one time, he did have a kit to make your tail lights into sequential turn signals like the old Mercury Cougars...but i don't see it on there any more...
I don't think he wanted any sort of liability from people eliminating their reverse lights for the sake of having the quad taillights.

It's also a big hassle to do the quad taillights and come out with a quality finish, so the mod never became very common... although it does look great with the right reverse lights installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts