Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have the OEM speakers. 1 Pair of 4x6. 1 Pair of 6x9 for sale? If not then the plastic speaker baffles for sale?

·
Registered
85 Posts
You're better off going to Wal-mart and picking up some Sony speakers. They're much better sounding than the factory 10 ohm flubmasters that came in these cars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You. does anyone have the plastic speaker baffles for the 4x6 speakers? I will purchase them through pay pal if anyone does? :smile:

·
Registered
303 Posts
First, I will say that I might have a pair of the 4x6's in the plastic baffles from either my '91 9C1 or my '91 Caprice wagon. One of the first things that I did to each car was to get rid of those pieces of crap. Those cars are long gone, but the speakers might still be around. [I have a problem throwing away anything functional, no matter how crappy it is.] It will be a while (several days) before I have time to go dig into that part of the garage to see if they are still around or if I sent them to trash can where they belong.

Second, why do you want them? The 6x9's are mediocre (at best) and the 4x6's are so bad that it was an insult to the customer when GM installed them. There is a template that you can download and cut out of plywood so that you can install 6-1/2" speakers in your door like the Roadmasters (and Fleetwood?) had from the factory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want the speakers because I don't have a lot of money to spend on speakers. I have 1 6x9 playing in my car with a stock stereo/cd player which cd player does not work. I threw away all speakers except for 1 (6x9). lol :smile: I will be willing to purchase all of them if you still have them. I can use paypal.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had forgotten about this, so I went out to the garage and looked. For some reason, I did NOT throw them away and have them... both the 4x6s in the plastic enclosures and the 6x9s.

My question is how much will shipping be from northern OH to southern CA [Long Beach, CA?]? Is it worth it? I am not looking to make a bunch of $$ on these, just enough to cover my costs and take the wife to Wendy's... lol. [She will be happy that I am getting rid of something out of the garage... lol.]

Let me know if you are still interested.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts