Impala Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The front door speakers don't sound like they are working, but the little speakers in the frame clearly are.

When I put the sound to center and center, it really sounds like the back speakers are more for the base and the frame speakers are for treble.

Is there a fuse that might have blown to shut off the door speakers???

Any thoughts on troubleshooting this? The stereo works fine, but I don't know what caused just my driver side and passenger side door speakers to stop working altogether.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I don't think there is a fuse. Try turning the the sound to just the front speakers. Yes the front are more for treble and the rear for bass. I would say to check the wiring as it's rare for them to both go out at the same time.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any get the front speakers working? I have an old fir chiefs 2007 impala and am clueless even after reading through this forum. Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes check wiring inside door panel. Watch a you tube vid on panel removal, it’s easy. The speakers all do about the same for bass except those tweeters in the pillars,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes check wiring inside door panel. Watch a you tube vid on panel removal, it’s easy. The speakers all do about the same for bass except those tweeters in the pillars,
Thanks so much for replying, I did have my passenger side door panel off and the speaker is connected and I felt all the way through the tunnel of the door and it seems to be connected I didn’t see anything weird

·
Registered
73 Posts
I’m not sure but I think you can tell if a speaker is blown by checking its ohm load. If I’m not mistaken the stock speakers would have somewhere near 4 ohm. A multimeter would be needed and set to ohm. If there’s no load or continuity then it’s blown. On second thought, it’d probably just distort if it were blown. Another possibility is the little computer box behind the hu. It could be disconnected. It is also responsible for door chime, headlights on chime. I know when I had my hu changed they tossed the original computer thing in the box. It’s unlikely the speaker is detached from hu bc tweeters are wired directly to and get power/ signal from the speaker in the door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I’m not sure but I think you can tell if a speaker is blown by checking its ohm load. If I’m not mistaken the stock speakers would have somewhere near 4 ohm. A multimeter would be needed and set to ohm. If there’s no load or continuity then it’s blown. On second thought, it’d probably just distort if it were blown. Another possibility is the little computer box behind the hu. It could be disconnected. It is also responsible for door chime, headlights on chime. I know when I had my hu changed they tossed the original computer thing in the box. It’s unlikely the speaker is detached from hu bc tweeters are wired directly to and get power/ signal from the speaker in the door.
So if they are blown I can tell without a multimeter is what your saying. I do have door chime and sound from tweeters but the door chime is really low. When I take out the head unit, the only thing visible are the harnesses that plug into the heating cooling system and behind the radio. There are no signs of cut wires etc. This leads me to where I am now, no clue. Maybe the speakers are just plan dead and buying and hooking up new ones will just work. I don't know.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I found a thread that referred to this exact problem. I wish I was better at reposting stuff. It’s under mechanical and electrical problems.
It touches on the issue of police issue cars and how they overcame that obstacle.
Yes if they were blown they’d just sound crappy.
It has to be a blocker of some sort.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You could take the hu and ac control out and splice new wire thru and to your door speakers.
Go to the forum section you mentioned and then on the first opening post in the bottom right corner delete share and then paste the URL here. Or just paste the title of the thread and ill go to that section you said it is in. thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Audio, video and electronics.
9c1 audio problems
It appears many have had this.
you could try google too. Often the problem is an easy fix. Good luck bud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts