Impala Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have a 1994 Impala SS and I am looking for some good spark plugs. I have heard great reviews on E3 sparks. What do you all think? Thank you for reading.

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
I think you have much to learn and once you do you will realize what a scam stuff like that is.

Multiple electrodes is a bad thing sales gimick that is all.

Platinum and iridium are ONLY good for reducing gap wear, most guys running performance engines use cheap copper core plugs.

Ignore most feedback on ignitions stuff as people are so stupid they replace old worn out stuff with new and claim whatever brand or gimick the new stuff is is wonderful without considering they replaced worn out crap with fresh new stuff.

The LT1 ignition system is pretty good. Only "problem" with it is the distributor cap and rotor is expensive so people neglect it till it fails than are so stupid as to blame the parts.

Even on my car I saw no improvement in modifying the ignition system and it only makes a couple hundred HP more than stock.

If you want to do spark plugs infrequently get the stock ones for a 96 Impala they are double platinum instead of single. If you don't mind doing plugs every 15-20K miles try Autolite 104 or NGK TR55, gapped .045-.050.

First modification I did to the car was a Jacobs ignition system, ranks as one of the biggest mistakes I have made money wise with this car.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
+1 for Autolites! theyre only like ~$1-2/plug, who cares if you have to replace them every other oil change, theyre cheap enough to do so, and its ot like changing plugs is hard to do :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
I found plugs to be more hassle on a stock b-body than on a stock w-body.

If low maintenance is what you want the delcos platinums are a good choice.

Just last summer at like 110K we changed the original Delco platinums on my Wife's 03 Impala, and put platinums back in it. I put platinums in my wagon too.

Just minutes ago though I picked up some basic cheap autolites for the hotrod. Now if it would stop raining maybe I could do something with them.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
whats wrong w/ the AL, i know stock is preferred, but Ive had better luck w/ AL,

Keep in mind im "slightly" modified... for a stock car I'd still stay w/ stock plugs...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
+1 for Autolites! theyre only like ~$1-2/plug, who cares if you have to replace them every other oil change, theyre cheap enough to do so, and its ot like changing plugs is hard to do :rolleyes:
yeah your right changing plugs on your w body isnt hard .... and if i hadnt cut my inside fender walls it would be hard on the 6th gen lmao..... idk if u have ever tried to change some on the b bodys .... go volunteer your time for the community on the 1st and the 15th while those porr b body owners are lined up ...... youll help them save gas !!!!! lmao

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
cant be anyworse the the LT1 Fbodies can it?
now that i cant tell u..... but my girlfriends mom ah s a lt1 f body that has been sitting for around 1 year or so and barely get driven .... anyways i hope to one day buy it ( only cus its an lt1 ) an add to my collection

as for the sparks plugs ill answer ur question when i own one

but like i said the owners b4 fixed that problem w/ some tin cutters i believe to the inner fender.... doesnt bother me made my first lt1 spark plug cahnge go smooth less than 1 hour / faster than any mechanic

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
now that i cant tell u..... but my girlfriends mom ah s a lt1 f body that has been sitting for around 1 year or so and barely get driven .... anyways i hope to one day buy it ( only cus its an lt1 ) an add to my collection

as for the sparks plugs ill answer ur question when i own one

but like i said the owners b4 fixed that problem w/ some tin cutters i believe to the inner fender.... doesnt bother me made my first lt1 spark plug cahnge go smooth less than 1 hour / faster than any mechanic
Not faster than any mechanic, of course a lift/hoist helps. So do the right tools, after my 1000th spark plug change I got the right tools and now it takes very little time.....But I will tell you this, the LT1 F-body is a bitch but the LS1 F-body is a bigger bitch, it has individual coil packs so it should be easier but the clearance on the passenger side is way worse then the LT1.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Ive done them on both 4TH gens, but wanted to compare apples to apples (lt1 to lt1) Havent changed the plugs on a b-body, but have done my fair share of Fbodies... thats why i brought it up.. ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,941 Posts
I have not done much work on LT1 f-bodies but they are a bit more crowded underhood than the b-body, still plenty of crap in the way on a b-body though.

As suggested above some of them it is easier to go through the wheel well than from underhood.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts