Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its the 3.8 in case you needed to know. But um. What kind of spark plugs should I put in it? I got it last month and just hit 100,000 mi. thanks.

·
Registered
375 Posts
To answer your question, buy the factory parts. The Impala's system is very well setup and off-brand plugs increase your risk of problems.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yeah bosch sucks u do not want to run with bosch at all go with the acdelco iridiums they run the best with our cars

·
Banned
117 Posts
Autolite or AC-Delcos,single or double platnum.

I recently added Autolite double platnum plugs to my car along with Bosch plug wires.So far so good ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'd stay away from Bosch plugs, wires and 02 sensors. I've heard of nothing but trouble with their electronics.

Their oil filters are fine though.
--

Get ACDelco parts if you can.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Bosch Platinum 4 and MSD okay

I've been using Bosch Platinum 4 spark plugs and MSD wires in my 03 Impala for as long as I've had it.

My car was having a hard time starting after the engine was warmed up, like if I go to a store and then come out and try to start the car, so I put in the Bosch and MSD and the problem almost completely went away.

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
i use the copper autolites, but i am going to go back to ACdelco plugs.

·
Registered
149 Posts
i use the copper autolites, but i am going to go back to ACdelco plugs.
Why are YOU going to AC Delco's? Though you had those "104's" that were all the rage! What Delco's you going to run, you wont find the one's I'm running and they won't help you catch me!

As for the original thread question, what plugs. I happened across some Delco's that work great but my only goal is performance so I had some other requirements I was looking for. I wasn't necessarily looking for Delco's, just ended up being the one that closest fit.

N/A 3800, I would probably just go to Autozone and get something like NGK, and stay away from the Bosch (like the others have been saying). I have heard great things about NGK for years.
But the delco's seem to be great plugs. I had probably 75,000 miles on my original plugs and they were fine, unlike Denso Iridiums, I have seen where it burns the diode off in less than 30,000 miles.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Why are YOU going to AC Delco's? Though you had those "104's" that were all the rage! What Delco's you going to run, you wont find the one's I'm running and they won't help you catch me!
dont worry about me ok ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
what about those plasma plugs?what u guys say about them?yea or ney?

·
Registered
375 Posts
what about those plasma plugs?what u guys say about them?yea or ney?
If you're stock, buying anything but OEM is a waste of money - the system on our cars is solid.

·
Registered
358 Posts
stock ACdelco is going to work the best.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts